2008 chevy trailblazer tire size
GM interior paint
2023.06.04 05:11 BobbyMiles421 GM interior paint
Looking how to find the light gray interior vinyl/plastic paint on my 1994 full size Chevy blazer. Want to repaint a few pieces and don’t know where to find the correct gray. Any help is appreciated!
submitted by BobbyMiles421
to ChevyTrucks [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 05:08 soggyhandshake just tired. (and in love)
I'm (25F) in grad school for health profession. Just started my 3rd and final year of school with a hospital clinical that is mon-fri unpaid 40 hours a week for the next 9 weeks. This past year I got into my first relationship, and I couldn't be happier about it, it absolutely came out of nowhere at a time I was fairly certain (and kind of happy) about the fact I was going to be on my own for the foreseeable future.
I've always been pretty independent and enjoyed doing things for myself, being alone never bothered me much. Sometimes I thought it might be nice to have a partner, but once I was settled into the peaceful quietness of my parents basement with a decent sized bowl of ice cream and a new episode of my favorite show or video game queued up to relax, I couldn't imagine enjoying anything more. I'd go out to bars/club or other social settings with friends for dancing, fun, and socialization. flirting was fun but I always wanted to go home alone to my own clean bed and not have to worry about staying over somewhere else or having to deal w someone else in the morning. I lived my life very much to my own enjoyment specifications and never felt I was missing out on something. I received all of the socialization I needed from my friends and I was satisfied with that. I always thought I had a decent grasp on how to be a good partner but never cared enough to pursue a relationship just because it seemed like a burden to some degree, I have to make time for them, spend money on them, manage their emotions as well as mine, and in a way if the relationship becomes long term have a part of my identity reside with them which seemed scary. It never felt like something I needed, I planned my next 10 years under the impression of continuing on single as I had my entire adult life.
This is all to say I could not have been more wrong.
The person I fell in love with is the most perfect thing on the planet and I'm not sure if I could ever be as happy as I was alone again, now that I know what this kind of happiness feels like. This is a person that makes my day better just on sight. They are just good. It sounds boring I know, but I don't know how else to describe it. They're so kind and thoughtful and their heart is just so... good. Their love and attention is the most beautiful feeling to experience. And she's a complete badass, I genuinely don't know what I did to deserve this person. I feel incredibly safe and comfortable w her (even though she still makes me a little nervous in a good way sometimes), and I know I could tell her anything (for reference I've never been big on telling people anything personal outside of normal conversation, I've always been very private). We don't have every single thing in common which is honestly great, I love hearing her talk about things she loves that I don't know about, and our values and expectations of life are synchronous. She makes me laugh. We have a really wonderful sense of trust and understanding between us. I want to do everything for her, I want her to fall asleep with me and to be able to hold her in the morning. The way she smells and feels when I hug her makes it nearly impossible to let go. I want to buy everything for her I think would make her happy (even though I probably can't afford it anyway, and we do have a pretty equal way of splitting things). I want to do all of the stuff I did when I was single but with her (shocking revelation, I know).
Cuddling with someone you love while watching your favorite show is better then anytime I've spent out at a bar or other social setting. It's completely euphoric. I love making time for her and will drive anywhere to see her (sometimes we're over an hour apart and I currently work early 7 days/week). I get sad when I cant see her, I still love being alone, but it's not as fun when I am. I think about her the entire time. I love learning everything about her whether it's emotionally tough or otherwise. I've never been prouder to be associated with another person, and I want people to think of her when they see me and vice versa. Oh my god and on top of all that she's absolutely stunning, beautiful, gorgeous. It's objectively undeniable, I thought that before we even became interested in each other. I mean I never saw myself as particularly ugly but I'm a complete scrub next to this person. I know this isn't big news and most people have known all of these things since they started dating as teenagers. But it's been a big deal for me, and it's really exciting. I honestly just assumed I didn't have the ability to feel those feelings. Now my life feels completely different.
Back to the original point of this post though, it's that I'm tired. Clinical has me waking up earlier than I usually do and the hospital setting is draining physically and emotionally, it takes up most of my day and I practically drop when I get home. Not a lot of time or energy left over to do the things I enjoy. No relief on the weekends either I still have to wake up early sat/sun for my paid job. I know some people have it worse, but all of that wouldn't matter to me if I didn't have someone perfect it was keeping me from. I'm about an hour and 20 from this person at the moment, and it's difficult to get to her when we have to wake up so early the next day-- Usually I wouldn't care about going to work tired but this clinical demands my active attention and I just operate better if I can get at least 7 hours. Now the solution isn't so obvious that she come and stay with me more often, she also has a clinical with similar hours closer to where she's currently living. So travelling back and forth over the week becomes cumbersome for both of us, especially after hobbies and such. Because I work on the weekends too, and live with my parents at the moment to save money, she has to wake up early with me on what's supposed to be her day off those days and drive all the way back to her appt, which I feel terrible asking her to do. But I love and appreciate when she does (and I let her know).
I'm not looking for solutions I know this issue will all be over in 9 weeks, but it's just really bumming me out and I wanted to get it off my chest (and wanted to talk about how much I love her for a bit). This person makes me so happy, and it's hard seeing her stressed and tired on top of me also being stressed and tired. We see each other only once a week right now which is a stark contrast from when we saw each other everyday in class, and when she lived closer (was only 30 mins away from my home at that time, we called ourselves spoiled about it). I'm not concerned about drifting apart or anything like that I'm just sad about the time i'm missing being with this person. but I know there will be more to have in the future. Not to brag but I feel like I kind of absolutely nailed it first try with this person, I don't think I'd mind at all being with her for a very long time. I know I sound incredibly naïve saying all this about my first relationship but I don't mind that criticism. It might be true I'm being naïve, but if she is how my heart gets broken one day, I'll always be thankful she showed me what a healthy love looks like and I feel pretty secure about that. In all the time we've been together now it's never become easier to say goodbye to her, and the absolute burning fire in my heart for her as only become larger... but maybe calmer. Whereas the initial falling in love feels unwieldy and beautifully uncontrollable (which is an amazing experience on its own)-- developing our relationship over the months has made the fire functional, capable of warming a home and feeding a village. Large, beautiful, and sustainable. She makes me feel so sure, so secure, and so happy.
I appreciate anyone who reads this or gets this far. I ended up writing much more than I thought. I've been having a hard time in general with other factors in my life and this entire situation has just felt heavier. It's depressing working everyday and only really having free time to eat, shower and sleep. simply wanted to write it out somewhere to unweight a bit and spill it out somewhere in the bowels of the internet.
submitted by soggyhandshake
to TrueOffMyChest [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 05:02 Acid_Pastor Surplus Find
2023.06.04 05:00 BlindLDTBlind Summary of the Holden, MO investigation site:
| || |(475) BIGFOOT! AMERICA'S CREEK DEVIL Bigfoot in Missouri, new activity with Carol Episode 221 - YouTube submitted by BlindLDTBlind to bigfoot [link] [comments]
Please listen to the entire episode before reading, so it makes sense... 797 SW 1101 Road Holden, MO
Here is my summary:
The site where she was living is basically a giant trash heap of old cars, mowers, junk, and a trailer that looks like it was in a war zone in Nigeria. There is so much stuff stacked up everywhere you can barely see the woods behind it. However, the place is very eerie. There are fences to the north and behind the trailer clearly smashed down with game trails of raw dirt going back into the woods. It looks like the damage from 4-wheelers but there are no tire tracks. To me it does look like something big and heavy has smashed the fences and is traveling through the trails. They are about 3 feet wide and have zero plant growth on the trails.
The woods behind the house are very thick. It's a great place to hide.
I met the neighbor to the west. She calls herself "Chaquita" (Cha-kee-ta) and seems to be part black, part Hispanic. She is a very odd person. When I first met her she was very friendly, but her demeanor changes very quickly and starts acting out things, showing signs of histrionic disorders, and contradicting herself. She told me that when she saw me driving by slowly, she thought that she should "call 911 and get my tag number". I drive a fairly new truck and had my windows down to wave at people. She seemed paranoid, and schizophrenia affected to some degree. She told me that for about 7 months out of the year she sleeps on the front open porch. I thought that was odd, given the potential for mosquitos from the Carol Johnson trash heap across the road, about 500 feet away. I asked her about any "bigfoot" activity and she said "oh you mean Yeti?". I asked her if she had seen anything and she laughed hysterically and said "oh my God no. None ever".
I don't find "Chaquita" credible whatsoever. She's bat shit crazy and paranoid. She was mowing the lawn when I met her, which Carol had a lot to say about her "mowing".
I drove into town and went by Carol's house. She was outside watering her plants on the back porch. I pulled up and said "hello Carol" and it really caught her off guard. I told her that I knew Tom from Creek Devil and she said ok, and asked me to park and come speak with her.
The conversation with Carol was odd, but interesting. She is very coherent, aware, sensible and logical. Most people would think that because of her story that she is completely delusional and has totally lost it. I don't find that, but I do wonder if she is the only one seeing the creatures like she does. She goes back and forth a bit on her mother and whether she had seen them or not. At times she tells me about her mother seeing them, and then later says her mother questions the existence of them. To Carol's credit, her mother suffered from dementia in her later years, so that might explain it.
One thing that is odd, but might be explained by the effects of PTSD, is that she is still seeing the creatures at her new home in Holden, MO inside of town. It's right off the main road, highway 58 (her address is 711 South Pine). It's in a residential section backing up to some commercial properties a few blocks away. She is convinced that the creatures are coming in through an area heavily wooded by a baseball field, and that they only come on nights when it's raining outside. She cannot explain how she knows this, she just "does". There was a red flag that popped up when I asked her if the investigation team with Creek Devil had seen anything out at the property, she shrugged her shoulders and motioned like she didn't know. I told her that Tom from Creek Devil told me that the team had seen something on the property and she looked utterly shocked, her eyes popping out of her head. This was a major red flag because she should have been "blank faced" as if "of course they did" nodding her head. Maybe I am reading her wrong, but I don't think so. That was the one thing that stood out to me that maybe she knew that she's been making this all up. Like I said before, maybe she's the only one seeing them. Maybe not. Her emotions seem very real, that is for certain. Carol's story is very consistent. Her dates of times and events are very accurate.
When I told Carol I met "Chaquita", she just kind of sighed and mumbled "oh yeah..."
Carol said that Chaquita mows the yard incessantly. She will be out mowing all day, and into the night. She said sometimes she's still mowing at 11 pm at night, in the dark. I believe this, and confirms my theories on Chaquita's mania, paranoia, whatever. Carol said that it was her that was attacked by the BF and tried to eat her intestines, according to the official Carol story on Creek Devil, episode 221. Carol looked confused when I told her that Chaquita says that nothing is going on out there.
Carol went on to becoming very unstable and emotionally distraught and described seeing a "dogman" type creature out there. Large, black and with a snout, teeth. Also, that her and her mother have seen on two different occasions a red orb about the size of a basketball floating down the highway. It followed her car north on 1101 Rd. for a while. Another odd one was when the riding mower ran out of gas, they left it overnight in the field south of the trailer. In the morning she said it was flipped over and pushed near the pond.
In conclusion, I'm left with more questions than answers. This feels like the time when I mixed real butter with "I can't believe it's not butter", and I was left confused, wondering what to believe. ???
I don't know....
Is something going on out there? Yes, I think so. Is Carol nuts? I don't think so. Is she and her mother the only ones seeing anything? Maybe. There is a neighbor to the south whose father claims to have seen them, and they have calves and pigs go missing. I spoke with them on the phone a few days ago. Can they all be crazy? Probably not.
I have an interview coming up with another guy that lives about 2 miles from the Carol site. He claims to have seen one run across the road in the area.
The other day I got a threatening phone call warning me about "staying away from there", and I better "watch out". This was from some hillbilly idiot from Texarkana area. I told him what to go do, and it wasn't pleasant.
2023.06.04 04:55 Nice_Rest9413 Ford Momentum
Ford had the truck win locked down either Zane held on with old tires or Majeski with newer tires passes him and takes it. but they wreck each other and Chevy gets another win. Custer somehow gets the xfinity win by driving a heck of a race. Harvick or blaney will win the cup race. this is where ford turns the season around.
submitted by Nice_Rest9413
to NASCAR [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 04:49 KhorpseFister Boom racing Hustlers 60mm
2023.06.04 04:37 dyl8888 2008 Tacoma
I have a line on a 2008 Tacoma 6spd TRD 4WD with 225,000 for $10,000 ($11,100) out the door. It’s pretty clean no rust. Decent tires. Clutch feels good. Just had a new axel and steering rack replaced at the dealer. Clean car fax.
What do you all think of this price?
submitted by dyl8888
to ToyotaTacoma [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 04:20 Cephalomagus 2023 Season 3 Release Notes [Pre-Release Version]
The Release Notes for 2023 Season 3 have been posted on the iRacing Forums!
Find them posted here: https://forums.iracing.com/discussion/42721/2023-season-3-release-notes-pre-release-version#latest
Or read them below!
2023 Season 3 Release Notes [Pre-Release Version]
This is the iRacing 2023 Season 3 Release! This release contains both content and upgrades for 2023 Season 3, which officially starts on June 12th! This season update includes three new cars: Cadillac V-Series.R GTP, Ligier JS P320, and Porsche 911 GT3 R (992). iRacing also expands its track offerings to include MotorLand Aragón (7 configs) and Willow Springs International Raceway, as well as a new 2023 Cup config for Chicago Street Course.
Our Dirt Taskforce has completed their work on the Dirt Refresh Project shared with the community back in February, and we are excited for you to experience the fruits of their labors. The Spotter System has received a Race Control-focused set of updates and new calls that will liven up your racing and keep you better informed about what is happening on the track and in the race. New challengers approach - you will now have the ability to add AI Opponent Rosters to your Hosted Sessions that utilize the Heat Racing format! We are excited to announce we have been investing time into saving you time, loading time to be precise, and this Season Release includes a first phase of loading optimizations that should get you into the driver’s seat just a little bit faster. Willow Springs International Raceway is proud to pioneer a new 3D Foliage System that automatically populates the environment with grasses, shrubs, and other creations of Mother Nature. USB Audio Hot Swapping is now fully enabled and supported by iRacing for all of your headset and speaker needs. A new Graphics Option has also been added which controls the display of all cockpit obstructions instead of this parameter being car setup specific.
The New Damage Model has been put into practice on eleven additional cars. And last but not least our AI Drivers have mastered eight new cars and twenty-four new track configurations. Welcome to iRacing 2023 Season 3!
Season highlights include:
- Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
- Ligier JS P320
- Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
- MotorLand Aragón (7 configs)
- Willow Springs International Raceway
- New Track Configuration: Chicago Street Course - 2023 Cup
- Dirt Racing Refresh Project
- New Spotter Calls and Updates for Race Control
- Hosted Session AI Heat Racing
- Phase 1 of Loading Time Improvements
- 3D Foliage System
- USB Audio Device Hot Swapping
- Cockpit Obstruction Removal Graphics Option
- New Damage Model for 11 Vehicles (Cadillac V-Series.R GTP, Dirt Late Model (ALL), Ligier JS P320, NASCAR Truck Series Trucks, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992), Porsche 911 GT3 R (992), and Renault Clio R.S. V)
- AI Racing for 8 Cars (Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, Cadillac CTS-V Racecar, Cadillac V-Series.R GTP, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1, Ford GT GT2, Ligier JS P320, Porsche 911 GT3 R (992), and Radical SR10)
- AI Racing at 24 Track Configurations (Autodromo Nazionale Monza - GP without first chicane, Junior, and GP without chicanes, Chicago Street Course - 2023 Cup and Prototype, Circuit of the Americas - East and West, Irwindale Speedway - ALL FIVE Configs, MotorLand Aragón - ALL SEVEN Configs, Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway - Mini, New Smyrna Speedway, Twin Ring Motegi - East and Oval, and Willow Springs International Raceway)
- Hundreds of new and optimized official iRacing vehicle setups
Visit our 2023 Season 3 features page here: https://www.iracing.com/seasons/2023-s3/
Full 2023 Season 3 Release details are below.
- The Create Starting Grid functionality and button are now disabled whenever both Heat Racing and AI Opponent Roster are selected for an Event.
- AI Drivers have completed an extensive training course for participating in the Heat Racing format!
- - - Heat Racing is now available for Hosted Sessions using AI Rosters!
- - - This is a brand new feature implementation for both AI Racing and the Heat Racing format.
- - - - - It is important to note that this feature is only available for Hosted Racing events at this time. AI Drivers still need the support of real humans in their Sessions or artificial chaos would surely ensue.
- All Track location information has been standardized and updated. All Track locations are now identified by: City, State/Province, Country.
- Fixed an issue where the names of AI Drivers who won League Series Sessions were forgotten when viewing the League Season Schedule.
- A new sponsor, Maconi Setup Shop, has been added to the Paint Shop!
- Fixed an issue with a missing font for the Stock Car Pro Series Class Cars.
- With the release of iRacing 2023 Season 3, the Windows 8.1 operating system is no longer able to successfully launch the iRacing application.
- - - Microsoft officially dropped support for Windows 8.1 on January 14th, 2023. As a result of this, it is no longer compatible with our software, and it will fail to launch.
- - - If you need help installing or running iRacing on Windows 10 or 11, please contact Customer Support here: https://support.iracing.com. Customer Support cannot get iRacing to work on Windows 8.1.
- Race Server capacity has been expanded to allow for nine different car models to be present within a Session.
- A user’s average lap time will no longer exclude laps that had been labeled as “invalid”.
- Fixed an issue where some Open Practice Race Servers were closing early due to inactivity.
- Fixed an issue where track temperatures were changing wildly if the Session was restarted (via AI Racing controls for example).
- Some adjustments have been made to how video memory resources are loaded.
- Some car loading algorithms have been optimized.
- The manner in which the dynamic track algorithm was calculated on surfaces has been improved, particularly along outside track edges.
- Fixed an issue where the visual display of some dynamic track data including dirt, marbles, and rubber was not functioning correctly on some track segments.
- The algorithm for generating race splits based on car classes has been improved slightly.
- Short Parade Laps are now available for use at the following additional track configurations:
- - - Barber Motorsports Park - Full Course
- - - Brands Hatch Circuit - Indy
- - - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
- - - Charlotte Motor Speedway - Roval, Roval - 2018, & Roval Long
- - - Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix
- - - Circuit Zolder - Grand Prix, & Alternate
- - - Daytona International Speedway - Oval - 2008, Road Course - 2008, & Moto - 2008
- - - Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg - PEC - Outer
- - - Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Oval - 2009, Open Wheel Oval - 2009, Road Course - 2009, & Bike
- - - Long Beach Street Circuit
- - - Mount Panorama Circuit
- - - Phillip Island Circuit
- - - Talladega Superspeedway
- The Qualifying Scrutiny system has been adjusted to better handle cases where cars needed time to get up to speed after leaving their starting location.
- A variety of updates as a result of the Dirt Refresh Project have been enabled!
- - - This project enlisted a focus group of developers, vehicle dynamicists, and testers who did a deep dig through everything that makes our Dirt Racing tick, and they’ve emerged with some sweeping improvements and updates.
- - - Dirt track parameters as a whole have been updated, including:
- - - - - Racing dirt properties at all levels of wear and wetness
- - - - - Dirt height variance, depth, and hardpan behavior
- - - - - Track wear parameters
- - - - - Tire rubber accumulation
- - - - - Dirt displacement from tires
- - - - - The formation of track roughness and perturbation
- - - - - The progression of dynamic track data has been updated for all dirt tracks
- - - All Dirt Racing tires have been updated with some of the following improvements:
- - - - - New wear rates based on the hardness and wetness of the dirt racing surface
- - - - - Dirt displacement parameters
- - - - - The manner in which tires calculate their contact on undulating dirt surfaces has been improved.
- AI Drivers have completed an extensive training course for participating in the Heat Racing format!
- - - Heat Racing is now available for Hosted Sessions using AI Rosters!
- - - This is a brand new feature implementation for both AI Racing and the Heat Racing format.
- - - - - It is important to note that this feature is only available for Hosted Racing events at this time. AI Drivers still need the support of real humans in their Sessions or artificial chaos would surely ensue.
- AI Drivers are now fully trained and capable drivers for the following new vehicles:
- - - Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
- - - Cadillac CTS-V Racecar
- - - Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
- - - Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1
- - - Ford GT GT2
- - - Ligier JS P320
- - - Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
- - - Radical SR10
- AI Drivers have memorized and are ready to race for the gold at the following new tracks and configurations:
- - - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - GP without first chicane, Junior, and GP without chicanes
- - - Chicago Street Course - 2023 Cup and Prototype
- - - Circuit of the Americas - East and West
- - - Irwindale Speedway - ALL 5 Configurations
- - - MotorLand Aragón - ALL 7 Configurations
- - - Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway - Mini
- - - New Smyrna Speedway
- - - Twin Ring Motegi - East and Oval
- - - Willow Springs International Raceway
- AI Drivers have graduated from yet another season of advanced education classes. Training for 2023 Season 3 included the following programs:
- - - Kinesthetics for Preventing Pace Lap Panic
- - - [PHY-220] Drafting Speed Predictions
- - - White-Knuckle Door-to-Door Racing: A Retrospective
- - - Fast Cars Beware: Slow Cars
- - - Slow Cars Beware: Fast Cars
- - - AI Program Upgrade IV: Reaction Timing (Class: Pistol Shrimp)
- - - Danny S.’s Pre-School Seminar: Left-Hand Makes the “L”!
- - - The Technical Know-How Overlaps for GTP & Rocket Ship Piloting
- - - SuperTravel SuperProgram 2023: SuperSpeedways
- - - Lessons from Slot Car Racing on Racing Lines
- - - Tire Compound Connoisseur Magazine (Spring ‘23 Issue)
- - - Brake Pad Dissection - a Science Lab Qualified Course
- AI Drivers have improved their driving skills with the following vehicles:
- - - NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Cars
- - - NASCAR Trucks
- - - BMW M Hybrid V8
- - - Dallara P217
- AI Drivers have improved their driving skills at the following track configs:
- - - Atlanta Motor Speedway - Oval
- - - Bristol Motor Speedway - Dual Pit Roads & Single Pit Road
- - - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
- - - Daytona International Speedway - Oval
- - - Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle
- - - iRacing Superspeedway
- - - Talladega Superspeedway
- AI Drivers and their cars are now immediately removed from the world at the end of a Session. For safety.
- Fixed a handful of AI System issues including:
- - - Fixed an issue where custom Paint Schemes were not appearing on AI Drivers in Replays.
- - - Fixed an issue where AI Drivers could lag up to several seconds after the green before hitting the gas for standing starts in Hosted Sessions.
- - - Fixed an issue where AI Drivers could incur gain-time penalties while they were being towed back to their pit box. We don’t know what they were doing to Race Control staff to earn them, but it should be fixed now.
- - - Fixed an issue where multiple “Pitting In” notifications could be received.
- - - Fixed an issue with the display of AI Driver names on the Entries tab for Replays.
- - - Fixed an issue where AI Drivers appeared to be using the incorrect dive plane for the Dallara P217.
New Damage Model
- The New Damage Model is now active on the following additional vehicles:
- - - Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
- - - Dirt Late Model (ALL)
- - - Ligier JS P320
- - - NASCAR Truck Chevrolet Silverado
- - - NASCAR Truck Ford F150
- - - NASCAR Truck Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
- - - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
- - - Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
- - - Renault Clio R.S. V
- Some New Damage Model system code has been reorganized to make future development easier.
- Spotters and Team Members may now control their driver's Auto Fuel state.
- The iRacing Spotter System has received some updates to help make it more accurate and dynamic. It is now better able to read Race Control events as they occur on the track, and a variety of new Spotter Calls have been added:
- - - Car in Front/Behind is Pitting
- - - Faster Car Approaching
- - - Gaining/Losing the car in front
- - - Leader Change
- - - Leader Lap Time
- - - Leader is Lapping You
- - - Session New Fastest Lap
- - - Your Personal Best Lap Time
- - - Time Remaining in Session 20/10/5 Minutes
- - - Settings for these new messages have been added to the “[SPCC]” section of the “app.ini” file.
- - - - - These messages will only play if “Chattiness” is set to MEDIUM or HIGH, and they are turned on in the “app.ini” file, which they are by default.
- A new “Silence” function has been added for the Spotter.
- - - In the Sound Options Menu, users can bind a key press that will interrupt and stop any current spotter message and temporarily disable future messages for a short duration. The duration of the hush may be adjusted via the “hushDuration” variable in the “app.ini” file, found in the “[SPCC]” section.
- “Leader Car” calls now returns the leader car in the same class as the player car. This means all spotter messages pertaining to the leader will now reference the leader in the same class as the player, instead of the outright leader.
- - - Messages include:
- - - - - Leader is pitting now
- - - - - Leader is at Start/Finish
- - - - - You're catching the leader
- - - - - One lap to win (if you are the leader car)
- Both Italian spotter packs have been updated and improved!
- - - Many thanks to Renzo A. Olivieri and Marco Arcidiacono!
- The Race Laps remaining spotter message logic has been updated.
- Fixed an issue with the fuel spotter calls when the pit entry location was dramatically different from the Start/Finish line location.
- A new Graphics Option has been added: Hide Cockpit Obstructions.
- - - This option hides several visually obstructive elements from the world, including: Halo, A-Pillar, and Rock Screen.
- Vehicles that utilize the New Damage model have had their car model format adjusted to reduce video memory demands.
- Improved the accuracy of steering angles for viewing your opponents’ cars’ wheels.
- Adjust brake light exposure on some cars to try to prevent them from turning white when viewed from a distance.
- Updated the system which processes the hiding and displaying of halos for Replays.
- GGX blended dirt texture shaders have been improved.
- SpeedTree lighting has been updated.
- The graphics Option for SpeedTree self-shadowing has been removed.
- - - The visual benefits were minimal and the processing needs were demanding.
- Tooltips have been added for SSAO parameters.
- A new SDK for SpeedTree has been integrated.
- Fixed an issue where the reverse and unseen sides of some SpeedTree faces were being rendered, wasting processing time.
- Fixed an issue where distortion particles were not rendering properly unless they were inside the car.
- Fixed an issue where motion blur would trigger whenever the garage was visited.
- Fixed an issue where motion blur was appearing at different amounts on different parts of the same car.
3D Foliage System
- A new environmental graphics feature option has been added to the graphics options menu: Foliage!
- - - The new Foliage system procedurally generates 3D foliage of an appropriate biome type at specified tracks. Foliage may include grasses, shrubs, boulders, cacti, flowers, and other small environmental assets. 3D foliage has no impact on driving or physics, but should decorate the world much more realistically.
- - - In the Graphics Options menu, there are several levels of detail that may be selected for use by the 3D Foliage System which can customize your visual experience and your rendering performance. You may also select to disable the system entirely.
- - - With this release, only Willow Springs International Raceway has been seeded by the new 3D Foliage system so far, but Mother Nature always finds a way to spread!
- Lighting for particle effects has been improved.
- The PopcornFX SDK has been updated to the latest version.
- Audio Hot Swap support has been added to iRacing!
- - - Forgot to plug in your headset before the race starts? iRacing now detects your device when it's plugged in, even during a race. If you've selected "System Default" from the sound options, audio automatically moves to the new device when the default changes. If you have selected a specific audio endpoint, it activates once it's available.
- - - Runtime audio device switching is now supported. When the default device is selected, a new default device can be chosen in Windows, and the Simulator will use the new device. If a specific device is selected, it will be used in the Simulator when it is activated in Windows.
- - - - - disableWindowsCoreAudio=0 When enabled (1), this option disables any Windows Core Audio integration (native windows audio).
- - - - - disableAudioDeviceChangedEvents=0 When enabled (1), this option disables dynamic audio device changing.
- - - Please note: Audio Hot Swapping is enabled by default.
- A new Audio Options setting has been added which allows you to assign a System Communication Default Device.
- A new audio option, “ambientMusicDisabled”, has been added to the “app.ini” file.
- - - 0 is the default value. Setting this parameter to 1 will disable all environment music that is normally played over the PA system while in the Simulation.
- Dynamic brake sounds have been rebalanced.
- Audio for load transmission on a variety of cars has been improved.
- The engine audio for all Pace Cars has been adjusted and optimized.
- New color and texture variations have been added for a variety of parked vehicles found around the tracks.
- Enhanced the right-click pop-up menus on the Session/Replay screen, and the Driving screen, to provide the option for private messaging (PM-ing) an individual user, the current driver of a car, or a car's entire Team (which includes a driver's spotters/crew in non-team sessions).
- - - Existing Admin/Race Control operations applied to a car that would have PM-ed someone on the team have been updated to message the whole team, instead of just one team member.
- - - Manually PM-ing a car number using "/#N", with N being the displayed car number, including leading zeros if shown, will now PM the whole team.
- - - To PM just the team member that's currently driving the car, use "/#N@" (add the @ symbol immediately after the car number). If the team's car is in its pit stall but the driver has gotten out of the car, that user is still PM-ed. If the team's car is not even in the world, no PM is sent when attempting to message its current driver, and you will be informed of this.
- - - - - To prevent receiving duplicate messages, if you would receive a chat message you sent because the target includes you (you're on the target team, you're the target team's driver, or you're talking to yourself!), you only receive the message due to being associated with the target of the message. That is, the message is not separately echoed directly back to you.
- - - You can continue to manually PM an individual using the existing mechanism of specifying their name after the "/".
- Text chat responses to Race Control Admin commands now identify the targeted entry with the team name and car number, instead of the name of the driver. In non-driver-swap events, the “team name” is the driver's name.
- An option for the units selection has been updated to “English (USA)” for clarity.
- A new highest option level, “Ultra”, has been added for Motion Blur.
- Fixed an issue with Driver View Pitch/Roll chassis effects so that when the view is locked to the horizon the car can now roll farther without the camera following the position of the car. This should help reduce motion sickness in VR if you use this feature.
- Fixed an issue for whenever a car’s center-of-mass left the camera frame, all motion blur on the car was lost.
- Fixed an issue where the focus of the camera was getting unwanted motion blur for cockpit cameras.
- Fixed an issue with motion blur on cars when using multiple displays.
- The automatic parking brake that holds a car still when you come to a stop will now fully apply itself anytime the car comes to a stop, rather than waiting for the user to hold the brake pedal down once stopped. This should help prevent cars from accidentally rolling away when you come to a quick stop but fail to fully engage the brake pedal.
- The Reset Button now prevents users from putting you into the car if your steering wheel needs assignment. Doing this now will take you to the Controls Wizard and allow you to assign and calibrate your driving controls.
- The test for XInput devices has been simplified.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some joysticks to fail to calibrate properly if the previous calibration was similar enough to the new calibration.
- Fixed an issue in the Options screen where the inputs (shifter, wheel, etc) would not respond if a button was held down on a wheel.
- When calibrating a wheel, iRacing now checks that your selected maximum wheel angle and Force Feedback status match what we expect based on your detected hardware. A notification will appear if these do not match.
- - - This is an effort to detect common errors with certain wheels, either that do not have the correct drivers installed or that have a maximum wheel angle set to a very low value by default. If you receive this notification, or need help setting up your racing wheel, please reach out to Customer Support.
- iRacing will now try to automatically detect your racing wheel’s maximum force, and adjust the wheel force slider accordingly. This is used to help us safely and automatically calculate the force levels to send to your wheel. We can't always know how your wheel is set up, so this may be an overestimate of your maximum force level. This is the safer guess, but in some instances it may limit how strong of a force you can request from the simulation. In those cases you can turn off the “auto-mode” and manually set your wheel’s peak value, if known.
- Improved the force auto tune button so that it takes the wheels maximum force into account. This will lighten up the auto tune as the wheel force increases.
- - - There is a new scaling parameter in the “app.ini” file, “autoForceFactor”. This value defaults to 0.5, and allows you to adjust the aggressiveness of the reduction. Setting “[Force Feedback] autoForceFactor=1” will remove all reduction, giving you a 1:1 force output. Setting it to 0 will effectively always give you 6 Nm of peak force at the wheel. Any value in between will blend between these two extremes. The default value of 0.5 should be a good value for most users.
- A mappable button (Ctrl-A) has been added to apply the Auto Force adjustment found in the F9 Black Box.
- For the Auto Force Feedback peak force detection, data collected when the car is out of control will now be suppressed. Also, data collection will be paused for several seconds immediately after an incident. The goal is to make this system more stable and consistent, even if you wreck.
- For Force Feedback, a safety check has been added to detect if the wheel jumped in position (ie: we lost/gained communication with the wheel). If a communication interruption is detected, Force Feedback will be suppressed momentarily for safety.
- A new slew rate limiter filter that is controlled via the smoothing slider is now available in the Force Feedback options tab.
- - - This filter limits the rate of change of the force feedback signal so your wheel can't accelerate beyond a fixed value. In essence it smooths out the large jolts while leaving the rest of the signal alone. A value of 25% will have almost no impact on your regular driving, while softenting out curb or wall impacts, and a value of 75% will smooth out most rumble strips and make curb hits almost invisible. If you find that you have to turn down the FFB forces below the level you would like because the jolts from curbs or accidents are too large, then try turning this filter up instead. Try a value of 50% to start, and turn it down to 25% if you feel it is too much.
- - - - - You can go back to the old boxcar filter via the “[Force Feedback] smoothingFilterType=1” entry in the “app.ini” file.
- Chat messages and incident point accruement are now saved and viewable with Replays.
- Fixed an issue where custom Paint Schemes were not appearing on AI Drivers in Replays.
- Live brake line pressure (LFbrakeLinePress) has now been zeroed out and will no longer show a value.
- - - Disk based brake line pressure is still available (LFbrakeLinePress), and now has any ripple from the abs modulation included in its value.
- - - A new BrakeABSCutPct value has been added to the disk based telemetry that shows the percent of brake force reduction being applied by the ABS system.
- Driver suit, body, face, and helmet type ids have been added to the session string.
Official iRacing Sporting Code
- A variety of updates have been made to the Official iRacing Sporting Code, including:
- - - A new section 6.8.3. has been added which describes the correct behavior for Starting from Pits.
- - - Restructured the paragraphs describing Rolling Starts for improved clarity for both Oval and Road racing.
- - - Better explained how multiclass cars grid, and defined what starts a multiclass race.
- - - License Class images have been updated.
- - - Identified that Joker Laps may not be used for time-based competitions at Rallycross Tracks.
- - - A reminder has been added that it is unacceptable for suspended or restricted Members to use alternate accounts.
- - - Identified that nefarious tactics may also not be used during Races, and removed a poor example of nefarious behavior.
- Review the latest version of the Official iRacing Sporting Code here:
- - - https://www.iracing.com/iracing-official-sporting-code/
submitted by Cephalomagus
to iRacing [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 03:47 Repulsive_Earth_1385 2008 Chevy Trailblazer w/ 226900 miles, constant P1174. Advice?
Hi, Previously have replaced the following w/ new parts in the last 8 months at mechanic. Previously had various codes come up but about once a month, P1174 shows up randomly. It was suggested on diagnostic that the catalytic converter had a leak at the manifold causing the code and told me to take it to the shop that did my catalytic converter and they found no such leak, but from what I understand; found that the engine was burning oil internally excessively (was 2 quarts down) and was making it throw the code due to oil being burned in the exhaust. They told me to not put any money into the car anymore. I’m obviously at a loss here as to how to go forward with this as i’m not in the position to buy a new car at this time and would like to have the problem fixed, whatever it may be so I can at least have peace of mind with this vehicle for a year or so and not worry about taking it on the freeway for a 100 mile round trip.
Here is what has been replaced from what I remember.
Spark plugs Exhaust manifold Catalytic converter Fuel injectors Various evap system parts to include solenoid, vent valve, air injector valve, oxygen sensors upstream and downstream Air filter Water pump Valve cover gaskets Fuel pump MAF and MAP sensor
submitted by Repulsive_Earth_1385
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 03:40 stinkyfeetbandit Gateway GWTC116-2BL Project
I am rearranging this laptop using tiny 11 and mint Linux tonight by means of the following :
64gb Sandisk Micro Drive USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle
I have already loaded up the usb with several copies of windows of which to wipe the main eMMc or ssd the laptop has. The main goal is to be able wipe the entire 57gb partition without destroying the restore drive section should I wish to restore the laptop at any time, install tiny11 and use my legal original oem key to activate then install mint behind it side by side without fail.
Before I began I had tested a live Linux usb and the speakers had sound and the only problem I ran into that was previously unwarned was the Wi-Fi not working from the laptop surprisingly given I’m on a down sized system with a basic wifi device with basic chipsets and should almost be the same as a plug and play device yet it didn’t work.
I will be providing pictures of the items use in the install since they are no longer in their original packaging once I complete the initial windows install and if possible will provide multiple photographs showing each change I make so others who want to complete this trek can do the same.
The desired reasoning for this project? Because I’m tired of windows not being enough when I need it to be and darn sure tired of windows being limited by its drm restrictions where as Linux is an open source community that I’ve been away from for far too long.
Second reason: at least this way I can dual boot my system in order to use a solid and more secure opsys without fear of it hanging or crashing due to ram issues so I’ve gone with the xfce mint 21 edition and after live testing it. I was impressed enough to decide to start this.
This post is currently incomplete and photos will be added via the edit function as I work on it. So participate live if you wish with your replies ! Thanks!
submitted by stinkyfeetbandit
to linuxmint [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 03:34 Adam-best Electrical Hip Muscle Stimulator
Want to feel confident again in your favorite dress? Ever feel like no matter how hard you train, your booty just doesn't seem to show results? The Electrical Hip Muscle Stimulator
solves this problem for you instantly! https://zafyn.com/collections/new-products/products/electrical-hip-muscle-stimulator
This allows you to train your booty and lower body
effectively from the comfort of your own home
. It uses electrical muscle stimulation
to promote muscle movement, scientifically proven to tighten your muscles
to help achieve that perfect figure.
- Electronic muscle stimulation: stimulate the hip and gluteal muscles and help to tone, tighten and firm your hips and buttocks to achieve the body that you’ve always wanted
- Exercise anytime: provide endless possibilities in training your booty like in front of the TV, when doing the dishes, or even when cooking
- U-shaped design: ergonomic pads cover targeted regions in the buttocks to stimulate nerves where they are most concentrated
- Cost-effective: save time and money on expensive gym subscriptions and allow you the convenience of getting amazing results without tiring workouts
- You only need to train for 15-20 minutes/day to get that noticeable improvement in just 4 weeks
- Easy to use push-button operation with 6 modes and 10 intensity levels
- With a push of a button, you can adjust the intensity of the stimulation and go about with your daily activities
- 100% skin-friendly and pain-free
- Material: PU
- Power Source: 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
- Certificate: CE/EMC, ROHS-certified
- Color: Black & Orange
- Size: Approximately 260mm x 188mm x 12.8mm
- 1 x Electrical Hip Muscle Stimulator with Reuseable Gel Pads
- 1 Set of Reusable Gel Pad Replacement
submitted by Adam-best
to McrOne [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 03:04 mustardponid Is a 2008 Lexus GS 350 with 109k miles a good idea?
I want a car to replace my Mini, which had 106k miles. I just wanted something that luxurious without all the headaches. I'm looking at a 2009 ES 350 later this week woth 57k miles for $14k, and a GS 350 with 109k miles for $13k. I looked at a GS 350 with 99,890 miles on it and I really liked the car. It was way over priced though. They were asking for $14,500 with 2 moderate accidents on the Carfax. The rearview mirror was faded and impossible to see clearly out of, the brakes were spongey, all 4 tires were cracked all around the sidewall or dry rotted, and it was also clearly RWD but they kept insisting it was FWD (which is impossible the way the engine is mounted). I told them I'd do no more than 11k on the car and they just told me to come back when I'm serious about buying, so I left and have no reason to return. My thing is though, I really liked the GS and would much rather have that over an ES considering it was a lot more enjoyable to drive. But I want a second opinion if it's just best to suck it up and get the ES 350 with the really low miles or if a ~100k GS 350 is a good deal at that price.
Basically, the 2009 Lexus ES 350 is $14k with 57k miles 2 owners no accidents. I'm going to look at another GS 350 that's a 2008 with AWD and 109k miles for $13k. Main question would be is it stupid to get the GS 350 with that many more miles?
The 2007 RWD GS 350 with 99k miles is also out of the question unless if that dealer wants to fix the car up and not sell me an overpriced shit box.
submitted by mustardponid
to Lexus [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 03:01 Markplease New Shoes on ‘23 Trailsport
| || |
Put some gunmetal Vision Flow 17’s on the PP with Toyo AT3 235/75’s. No rub, lighter weight per set than oem wheel+tire, awesome ride, 0 mpg loss (dare I say it may be slightly better mpg with noticeably less unsprung weight and narrower patch for less rolling resistance…). If you try this setup, when it is in the wheel shop heft your oem wheel/tire and then the Vision-17’s+235/75’s (which are 1.3 inch taller) you will notice the lighter weight. Also, makes for a great light weight full size spare tire too that is more sensible to roof mount if you wish for road trips, just need to be able to military press about 55lbs…I know it is a weird tire size, but it makes sense when you list out the weights, and ultimately feel it for yourself. Heck, doesn’t look too bad either. submitted by Markplease to hondapassport [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 02:57 RepresentativeRich61 Just got 18x9 35 rpf1 what size tire should I put on them for a 12 fg4 and does anyone know any tires that’s are good and affordable
submitted by RepresentativeRich61 to CivicSi [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 01:34 Some-Topic4219 AITA for buying jeans for double price
I was on a Miami trip with me and my sister for the summer because we wanted to relax a bit. We were shopping in the mall for a while and we went in Aeropostale, I happened to find a pair of jeans that made me look curvy and nice. However, there was only one pair that was that exact size and it was buy one and get free. My sister said it would be cheaper to buy it online due to the fact that you can buy one instead of two. She kept insisting that I buy it online, but I really liked this pair of jeans. We had an argument and she was raising her voice, asking why I would buy it in store when it’s cheaper online. I got tired of this and didn’t want to cause a scene in the store so I told her “Shut up, because I feel like it. Chill the fuck out. ” She waited outside the store while I bought it. After then, we argued more and I searched it up online and there was no jeans in my size. She then continued to say it wasn’t the price of the jeans, it was buying things that are worth their value and apparently the jeans weren’t. It was my brain that I can’t buy things that are cheaper.
She then went ahead and bought a $1,130 Prada bag, justifying it with that it’s worth it’s value. She said that she’s been wanting it since November of last year and our parents allowed it. It baffled me that she is talking about my $60 jeans while she buys a $1,130 designer bag. Keep in mind we are both using our parents money.
submitted by Some-Topic4219
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 01:24 gaslightanthemarias Balancing true off-road and highway capability in favor of off-road: Toyota or bust?
USA, TX Price range:
$20k is the edge of actually affordable, <$15k would be much smarter and more comfortable. $30k max if I'm being as reckless with financing as most Americans these days. Lease or Buy:
Buy New or used:
Budget says used, but not 100% opposed to new with the state of the used market. Type of vehicle:
SUV preferred, open to small truck or crossovewagon. Must haves:
- 4WD w/ 4LO (or very robust AWD), 8in+ ground clearance, decent approach/breakovedeparture angles, full-size spare
- reasonable maneuverability (not super wide, decent turning radius).
- reasonable long-haul highway comfort/manners (cruise control, no death wobble or excessive wandering)
- room for 4 adults and their gear, good cargo space for extended camping, room to sleep in total area behind front seats
- buttons (not touchscreen) for key functions (climate, radio, lights, vehicle modes) full-size spare,
- acceptable fuel mileage (min 18mpg highway)
- decent visibility (no major blindspots, stupid big flat hood, tiny rear windshield, etc)
: Automatic preferred, manual not a total dealbreaker Intended use:
50% of anticipated miles will be adventure trips w/ a partner or friends (ie 90% highway, 10% remote offroad). NOT intended for deliberate rock-crawling or hardcore wheeling, overlanding, etc.
Other 50% will be occasional grocery-getting, poor-weather commuting, and cross-town errands and socializing in a highway-heavy city with clogged arteries and narrow neighborhood roads.
At home, I want it to have good utility for giving friends rides, schlepping furniture and bikes, and being a reliable source of mobility in crises.
I DON'T need a typical commuter, and willing to accept compromises in efficiency as result. My "daily driver" is my bicycle, including for most local errands. Expecting 5-10k mi/year, majority highway. Is this your 1st vehicle:
Yes (but as a someone who has been driving for 15 years) Can you do Minor work on your own vehicle:
Fluids, pads, sparkplugs, pads, bulbs: yes. Intend to do more, so important for this work to be somewhat cheap/easy in a driveway context. Can you do Major work on your own vehicle:
Likely not anytime soon. Important for these systems to be dependable and not crazy expensive to have work done on. Additional Notes:
Vehicles you've already considered:
- Safety is important (people drive insane everywhere these days but especially my area, also many deehogs on expected trips).
- Real off-road capabilities needed for responsible, self-reliant travel in remote areas, but not in a recreational enthusiast way. Don't intend to make wheeling/overlanding a hobby or expect to have similarly-equipped friends to bail me out in these situations. Terrain including but limited to sandy arroyos, steep loose-rock. I don't want to be in a vehicle punching above its weight, I want to be in one that's in its element.
- Major weather events that I'd like the vehicle to handle reasonably well include: downpours on oil-slicked roads, and occasional ice and snow storms (generally with no plowing, salting, or sanding). I realize this points more to AWD and good tires for close-to-home usage.
- Renting a true 4WD vehicle only when I need it: No, in those situations I want it to be my vehicle that I know, trust, and am personally responsible for, and I don't want to deal with the additional logistics of renting.
Initial bumpers: nothing larger than a 4-door short-bed Tacoma/Frontier, nothing smalleless capable than a Crosstrek.
Most likely contenders so far:
- Lexus GX 470
- + Full-time 4WD with Torsen seems like best of both worlds of 4WD/AWD for all of my adverse-condition capability desires
- + Probably the best-driving of the "trucks"
- + (y'all know the rest, I won't go too deep)
- - difficulty in finding affordable one in good shape
- - Efficiency of FT 4WD w/ v8
- - Honestly too fancy, I dislike most luxury trappings
- Toyota 4Runner (3rd-5th Gen)
- + 4Runner shit
- + Full-time 4WD found on a few select trims too (but probably too competitive of a market for me to seek them out)
- + Efficiency of V6 a bit better (don't think I need more really)
- - pretty rough around the edges for the price, not impressed with brakes in particular
- - Market is crazy, hard to justify vs value proposition of the GX
- - 5th Gen feels too big (esp wide)
- Subaru Outback (2010s+)
- + Perennial do-it-all underdog.
- + 5-10mpg better than the "trucks"
- - Worried that it just won't cut it for expected offroad (AWD losing power to wheelspin and low articulation, CVT issues), and the most capable versions (XTs, Wilderness) compromise efficiency, affordability, and repair costs/ease to the point of having no real advantage vs anything beefier.
- - Low ride-height not an asset on truck-filled Texas roads
- - "Car" advantages pretty minimal, feels closer to a unibody SUV.
- - Not super impressed by real-world reliability and cost/ease of repair of 2010s models
- Nissan Xterra (2nd Gen)
- + More affordable version of GX/4R
- - ...but at a commensurate loss in reliability and comforts (especially vs GX). Out of production, and well-cared-for survivors seem rare.
- Toyota Tacoma (4-door, short bed)
- + It's a Taco
- - I can't really justify a truck bed (I know, I know, that hasn't stopped 95% of Tacoma owners before me), and would need a Softopper or camper shell to keep gear safe, and maybe also an extender to sleep inside a 4-door version.
- - A bit longer than I want for trails and parking lots
- Nissan Frontier
TL;DR: Please confirm that a 4Runner or GX is the only thing that really makes sense, than an Outback won't cut it, that I did good research, and that I look good in this dress. (Or please point out if I'm off-base or missing something)
- Toyota FJ Cruiser
- - trash visibility
- - Big exterior, small interior
- - Cult Following and Toyota Tax
- Other Subarus (Forester, Crosstek)
- + Better visibility/ride height (Forester)
- + Better maneuverability, angles (Forester, esp Crosstek)
- - Less cargo space (esp Crosstek)
- - Less powecapability
- - No real additional value proposition over Outback
- Jeeps (Wrangler Unlimited, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee)
- + Most efficient smaller 4WDs
- + Ease of maintenance
- - Reliability below my acceptable threshold for remote and solo
- - Wrangler too off-road focused for 1000mi+ roadtrips.
- Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, etc
- See Forester
- - below off-road capability threshold.
- Old stuff
- It seems like they stopped making what I really want in the mid-2000s. ~'95-'05 Cherokee XJ/ZJ, Pathfinder, Rodeo, Trooper, Montero, Sidekick, Tracker, etc. The few that are left often fit the budget, but with serious concerns about reliability, safety, and remaining life. Ultimately, I don't think I'd trust one of these long-distance or in the backcountry unless it was a really prime specimen (which is rare/expensive).
submitted by gaslightanthemarias
to whatcarshouldIbuy [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 01:23 xtremexavier15 TSROTI 3 (pt 1)
Toxic Rats: B, Geoff, Scott, Leshawna, Sammy
Mutant Maggots: Anne Maria, Katie, Molly, Scarlett, Dave, DJ, Trent
Episode 03: Ice Ice Baby
"Previously on Total Drama Revenge of the Island!" Chris opened on the now-typical shot of the somewhat decrepit Camp. "We learned that although our campers are here to win," the recap montage began with the two recently-awoken team assembled before the host, "they're all losers in one way or another," Scott was shown fleeing in terror from a mutant wooly beaver during the flashback of his Chris Head hunt. "Really, really big losers," Chris added over shots of Fang chomping off the corner of the Rats' stand, and DJ admitting his secret of sleeping with a teddy bear.
"It was a psychological butt-kicking that quickly turned literal," Chris continued as Trent was shown sizing up the angle of his final swing into the Grand Slam, and Geoff got kicked forward by the Kick Start. "Then comical," the host added as Leshawna was shown painfully bouncing from one butt-shaped apparatus to the next, "then hysterical!" Chris finished with a laugh as Sierra's first try at the Grand Slam was shown, ending with the girl hitting the muddy floor.
"In the end, Sierra got the biggest boot of all," Sierra was shown in the bucket of the catapult. "Bye-bye," Chris added mockingly as the obsessive uberfan was flung into the night.
"I love my job," he said as the scene cut to him on the Dock of Shame, "Stay tuned as more things blow up! More contestants throw up, and some even try to hook up. Right here, on Total! Drama! Revenge of the Island!"
The episode opened on Camp Wawanakwa's lodge and mess hall, the camera panning to the left to show the communal bathroom and, more importantly, a cluster of bushes. The shot zoomed in as one of them began to rustle, and a mouse with a bulging, veiny head scurried out into the open. It paused as the shadow of a bird of prey fell over it, and looked up to see a bald eagle diving towards it with its talons out.
The mutant mouse's eyes glowed green, and a beam shot out of them and hit the approaching eagle. The bird froze in mid-air, then slammed back and forth as though in the grasp of some unseen hand. It was finally tossed off-camera with a squawk, and the mutant mouse scurried onward. It climbed the steps of the main lodge and crawled through a hole in the door, and the scene cut inside.
The camera, situated high on the right wall relative to the entrance, showed the two teams eating and the lodge itself in a state of near disrepair. The floor had become a patchwork of different colors and styles; one of the front windows had been broken and halfheartedly boarded up; there was a gaping hole in the roof over the other front window; a few planks were missing from the far left wall around the fireplace; and a bit of wallpaper was peeling on the partition dividing the kitchen from the rest of the lodge.
The seven members of the Mutant Maggots sat at the forward table, to the left of the camera, while the five Toxic Rats sat closer to the kitchen; and both teams had only logs to sit on.
Katie stuck a spoonful of the grayish food they'd been served into her mouth, cringed, and spat it out. "This is so nasty! Gruel really is cruel!"
The perspective inverted to show Dave's face covered in the food. "Sorry Dave," Katie said from off screen.
Dave started his confessional with a heavy sigh. "I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather eat dirt than any more of breakfast."
The static changed to Molly and Anne Maria sitting together. Molly was coughing due to how much spray Anne Maria was using.
Anne Maria noticed her plight and stopped. "Sorry, retro. On the upside, now your lungs are waterproof."
"I'll make use of that," Molly coughed again.
The shot cut to B at the right end of the Rats' table. He picked a hair out of his spoonful, and threw it away uncomfortably.
The camera panned to the left to show Leshawna and Geoff in what looked like an eating contest. Just as they were really getting into it, Geoff accidentally swallowed his spoon and started to choke.
Leshawna finished her meal first before checking on Geoff. "Let me help you out with that." She smacked the back of his neck, allowing the spoon to come out of his mouth.
Geoff sighed in relief. "Thanks. I really needed that."
"Bad news, I finished before you," Leshawna teased Geoff in good fun.
"Awesome," Geoff said. "Back home, I'm the kind when it comes to food competitions with my buds."
"If you say so," Leshawna replied.
The perspective changed, now showing Sammy and Scott eating across from Leshawna and Geoff.
"I've eaten fruits and vegetables just to keep my body fit for cheerleading, but this is too gross!" Sammy winced and shoved her gruel away.
Scott, who had witnessed her complaint and finished his gruel, grabbed her bowl and helped himself to a second helping.
Scott began his confessional by chuckling while whittling a wood stick with his shark tooth. "Wimps. I grew up on a dirt farm." He brought out a clod. "I can always chomp on a clod if I get the munchies.
He took a bite out of his aforementioned object and chewed on it for a few seconds. The dirt farmer then smiled for the camera, only for his teeth to shatter and fall to the floor.
The footage resumed to the Maggots' table as DJ scooped up a spoonful of gruel with a little antenna poking out of it. He didn't notice, but when he put it in his mouth, he began to choke. Clutching his throat, he got to his feet, and stood away from the table, gagging.
"Hang on!" Trent called out, rushing up behind DJ and pumping his stomach repeatedly. The force was enough to make him spit out whatever he was choking on. A little beetle flew out among bits of gruel, and bounced onto the floor before landing on Geoff's hat.
DJ awkwardly breathed. "Thanks for the save," he said.
"Don't sweat it," Trent replied. "We're teammates."
The shot cut back to Scarlett, who was looking down to the bulbous-headed mouse now sitting on their own table. "What is that Apodemus sylvaticus doing over here?" she remarked. Without warning the mouse's eyes began to glow green again, and to the horror of the brainiac it levitated into the air.
The scene moved outside the lodge as crashes and screams of terror filled the air. All the campers except Molly fled out the front door and a refrigerator was flung out after them. They paused to catch their breath, and it was then that Molly was finally tossed out to them with a scream of her own.
The whine of the intercom turning on caught their attention, and the camera cut to an upward shot of the loudspeaker. "Attention, players!" Chris announced. "Please head to the looming tragedy that is Mount Looming Tragedy!" The shot switched to a tall, craggy spire of rock in the distance, it's broad and flat peak seen only in silhouette thanks to a ring of ominous clouds. "Your race begins, NOW!"
He punctuated his broadcast with his blowhorn, and Scarlett immediately turned to her teammates. "Maggots, let us make haste!" she declared, and all twelve campers raced off.
A flash ahead showed the two teams arriving at the base of the mountain, all of them out of breath.
"Did we win the challenge?" Katie panted, doubled over with her hands on her knees.
Dave arrived last just then, clutching his stomach and groaning. He walked over to a bush, fell to his knees, and threw up.
"Not to judge, but you should exercise more, dude," Molly told the germaphobe as he stood back up and wiped the bile from his lips.
A sudden whistle interrupted any reply that may have come, drawing the campers' attention to the side. "Okay, mutant food," Chris greeted, standing with Chef next to a muddy jeep, "on with the challenge! Part one is an uphill battle," he explained, the shot moving to and upward pan of the rocky tower before them – it was covered with barbed wire, toxic waste barrels, and what looked like pipes of some kind. "You have to climb all the way up to that cliff," Chris explained, the camera coming to a rest at the broad, flat rock that topped the mountain; a dead tree and another toxic waste barrel were the only things to be seen on top. "First team to reach the top gets an advantage in part two."
"You can climb with your hands," the host continued as the shot returned to him, "or use whatever you find in the pile." He motioned over his shoulder, and the camera cut to a large mound of junk – appliances, furniture, pipes, tires, and other abandoned pieces of scrap. "But don't worry," Chris added, growing more and more excited, "this junkyard doesn't have a dog. It has a giant mutant beetle!"
On cue, a gigantic beetle similar to the one DJ had found in his gruel popped out of the junk pile and hissed at the humans; B, Sammy, DJ, Molly, and Trent all gasped in shock.
"Hahaha, big guy's a bit of a hoarder," Chris laughed. "His estate is full of useful crud," the beetle was shown picking up a paintball gun and a sewing machine from the pile and casually tossing them away, "aaaand disgusting crud." The beetle picked out a toilet next, and threw it at the humans with a hissing roar; B, Sammy, DJ, Molly, and Trent quickly ducked, and it crashed to the ground behind them. "That is, if you can get near it," Chris told them with an impish smile.
"One last thing before we start," the host announced. "Since the Rats are looking uneven, I'll need one member of the Maggots to switch over to their team. Who's it gonna be?"
"I'll move to the Toxic Rats," Trent shrugged.
Chris turned towards the mountain and gave a thumbs-up, and Chef – now on top of the cliff – blew on an alphorn, shaking the area. "It is on!" the host declared.
"Let's move Maggots!" Scarlett said as the campers started running.
The Maggots' logo appeared in the corner as Dave was shown struggling to pull himself up to a ledge. "Molly was right. I need more exercise." He fell off completely, and sighed as he laid on the ground.
"Don't give up Dave," Katie called out to him while hanging from a dead tree that was jutting out of the rock. "You can do it!" The branch broke and she started to fall with a scream, until a hand pulled her up to a higher ledge.
The camera panned up to show that DJ had saved her. "Thank you," Katie said happily.
"Anytime," DJ replied. The two looked into each other's eyes and smiled.
"Rock climbing," Molly yelled as the shot cut to her climbing the mountain, "was never on my bucket list!"
"You don't have to like it," Katie said. "You just have to help us instead of wanting to bail."
"It's not my fault I wanted to avoid being killed," Molly said, referring to the challenge last episode.
"Keep it together, Geoff," Scott called out as the shot cut to him and Geoff climbing another part of the mountain, the Rats' logo in the top-left corner of the screen. "At this rate, we'll be the ones winning for our team!"
"Don't worry about me!" Geoff advised. "This is no sweat."
"I'm a bit of a rock climber back home," Geoff said. "It makes me feel free and adventurous. I normally wear sunglasses just to prevent the rocks from getting into my eyes, but I didn't come prepared. Wish me luck."
The shot cut next to Anne Maria, still on the ground looking at her reflection in her hand mirror. "And will the lady be participating?" Chris asked in a mocking prim tone as he walked over.
"Have you seen my nails?" Anne Maria denied. "These are why I drive with my feet."
"I see," Chris said blankly. "What about you?" he asked, turning his head towards Scarlett – who was also still on the ground, looking up at the cliff.
"I will climb," Scarlett replied. "I'm just doing some calculations right now."
The camera panned over to the right, where Leshawna was trying to climb the cliff with Trent watching her failed attempts.
"And I'm coming back down," Sammy slid to the ground with a deadpan expression. "Practice doesn't make perfect, Trent."
"I was trying to prep you up," Trent admitted.
"Sammy, wait! I see B has a plan," Leshawna told Sammy as she saw B near the junkpile.
"Okay then. I hope it involves not climbing." Sammy said off-camera.
The scene cut back to Geoff lingering at a ledge with a few small, loose stones on it. He misstepped as he climbed, and accidentally kicked them off – they tumbled down the mountainside, catching DJ and Katie and knocking them off. The two crashed into Dave, who was making his own slow progress up the mountain, and all three landed on the ground in a heap.
Back down at the bottom, Scarlett stopped at the three that had fallen, who had still not made any move to get up.
"Are you all still able to function later?" Scarlett asked.
"We're fine," Dave said. "Thanks for asking."
"I didn't immediately start climbing up the cliff," Scarlett explained her plan. "I wanted to see how everyone would go about it. That way, I can seek out any obstacles and how to avoid them."
Back over the junk pile, B attempted to grab a barrel, only to be stopped by the beetle breathing fire.
"It can breathe fire? Seriously?" Leshawna said, flabbergasted.
"Maybe we can distract this beetle," Trent suggested.
B held up a refrigerator door to prevent himself from getting burned by the beetle's fire, giving way for Leshawna to snatch a flute that was on top of the pile.
"Toss it over! I could give it a try," Sammy offered before Leshawna threw at her the flute.
Sammy's flute playing wasn't very good, and the beetle quickly breathed out another jet of fire, then curled up into a ball and rolled towards them as the intense challenge music resumed. Sammy stopped playing as she and Trent scattered, with the balled-up beetle only following the guitarist.
"Why are you going after me?!" Trent exclaimed as he ran from the mutant, Sammy and Leshawna watching from the junk pile. "I didn't use the flute!"
Dave, DJ, and Katie got back up from the fall and saw B dragging the barrel on the ground.
"The Rats have the right idea. We can take things from the trash pile so we can climb up," Scarlett said to the three as they went to the trash pile to pick up items while the beetle was jumping on Trent and smashing him to the ground.
The shot cut to the top of the mountain, where Chef was waiting with several large blocks of ice. Geoff was almost there, causing Chef to scowl – though he brightened up when his walkie talkie beeped. "You know what to do," Chris told him. "Ice 'em."
"We might just win this," Geoff said confidently. The shot cut up to Chef as he held out an ice block with a vicious grin. He let it fall, and Geoff looked up just in time to see it hit him. It knocked him off the cliff face, and he fell and knocked Scott off as well. The two fell past Molly, who watched in shock as they landed with a pained thud and groan.
Molly scowled upwards, and Chef was shown throwing more and more ice blocks down towards her. With a smirk, she dodged each one in turn. "Like I'm gonna get iced like that!" she taunted up at the man.
Anne Maria was still on the ground spraying her hair. "Nice hairspray, pouf head!" Molly taunted her. "Maybe if you used spray on style, it might be easy on the eyes!"
Anne Maria got enraged enough to crush her can with one hand. "What'd you say to me? Oh, it is on!" Anne Maria declared as she started her climb.
Chef threw an ice block in her direction, but it got shattered thanks to how hard her hair was.
"Hey! Quit it!" Anne Maria punched another ice block out of her way. "I'm coming for you, Pasty!"
Molly watched her with a bit of fear, but got over it. "She'll thank me later."
As Geoff and Scott got back up from their falls, the camera went over to Scarlett, Katie, DJ, and Dave ready to go back up the cliff again.
"If all else fails, just use whatever you have," Katie noted to her team. "I've done a lot of DIY projects that way."
"DIY?" Dave asked incredulously.
"It means Do it yourself," Katie pronounced before showing off her fingers that were wrapped with metal sharpened to resemble Wolverine's claws. She latched on to the cliff with them and started to climb. "Let's get climbing!"
DJ used a pair of plungers as his climbing method, Dave spun around a coil of rope before throwing it up so that he can climb on it, and Scarlett used a grappling gun she made out of metal in order to climb certain parts of the cliff.
Trent was now getting punched in the face by the beetle, who was wearing boxing gloves now.
Geoff watched with concern, until the beetle from earlier hopped out of his hat. He noticed this and swooped it up. "Wait! Is this why you're being so harsh?"
This attracted the attention of the larger one, who promptly dropped Trent. He hit the ground with a groan.
The smaller beetle jumped from Geoff's hand and scurried over to its parent, who picked it up with its forelegs, looked at it lovingly, and gave it a quick tap on the back so that it burped out a small jet of flame. Satisfied, the guard beetle scurried away and disappeared behind its horde.
"That was really touching," Geoff commented in a touched tone.
"Beetles can put up one heck of a fight," Trent said with his bruises on display.
The camera quick-panned back down to the Rats. Several bottles and bags and electronic bits had been tied to the waste barrel, two long wires were leading out from them, and a couch was seated over it.
"Baking soda? A broken chair leg? We were chased by a giant, fire-breathing beetle so you could collect all of this?!" Trent said to B.
B motioned them to come sit down. Seeing that they're out of options, they complied and took a seat.
With everyone in, B intersected two wires together, instigating a spark and setting the couch to fly up to the sky.
"We're flying now!" Leshawna cheered out loud as they passed Scarlett, DJ, Dave, and Katie, who were still climbing.
Molly got to the top and hauled herself up with a triumphant cheer... just before the couch crashed down on top of Chef, Scott nowhere to be seen.
"You did it, B! We won the challenge!" Geoff congratulated the silent inventor, leading the Rats to cheer for their victory.
It was then that Scott finally landed on the mountain with a thud, leading the five Rats to look at him in shock.
"Okay, seriously. Beverly the explosives expert mime has to go!" Scott stabbed his tooth into the wall angrily.
Chris arrived with his jetpack. "Slow your roll, Party Boy, I say who wins."
"Good enough," Molly smirked.
"The Rats, thanks to B!" Chris announced, earning a triumphant cheer from the six winners and a groan from the losers. "See how I do that better?"
"I got up here first!" Molly shouted while Anne Maria went up to her. "Doesn't that mean we win!"
"First team to the top wins. That means the whole team. You're still missing them." Chris enforced the rules.
"How swell," Molly moaned, and got slapped on her arm by Anne Maria. "What was that for?!"
"Nobody disrespects the hair or the spray," Anne Maria reminded her.
"Harsh, but true," Chris got in front of her. "Who else is heading for a fall? Find out after the break."
submitted by xtremexavier15
to u/xtremexavier15 [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 01:17 winn_12 Hey guys, just wanna ask a question. I want to change my w204 coupe wheels but idk if this size will look good on my car or no. What do you guys think?
2023.06.04 01:14 winn_12 Hey guys, just wanna ask a question. I want to change my w204 coupe wheels but idk if this size will look good on my car or no. What do you guys think?
2023.06.04 01:08 WirSilliam Micro-holes in tires.
My Bontrager Line Comp 30s (tubeless setup) are leaking on the sidewalls through a few random areas that are the size of a pin-head. They're 1 y/o & the bike was stored indoors during off-season. There's nothing I could imagine doing while riding to cause this. 1: Does anybody have an explanation? 2: Is it time for new tires regardless of tread life?
submitted by WirSilliam
to MTB [link] [comments]
2023.06.04 01:04 SatisfactionLocal230 Hybrid maiden voyage. Nothing broke!
| || | submitted by SatisfactionLocal230 to ebikes [link] [comments]
I waited for disc brake rims, I was sitting on this project an extra week. The white caliper rubbed in back, so I have to do something for clearance later. I’m just using something off another bike to make sure it’s all ok. I routed the motor wires poorly. Looks like hell. When I remove the motor I’ll try to move the rear shifter wire to oem position. Waiting on a different detailer and/or spacer. On the last cog, chain hits. It’s just a wheelie gear anyway, I just liked the look.
Unhappy with the bottle battery low end output compared to a hailong I have of the same size, but oh well.
Tongsheng was quiet the first 5 miles, now it whines a lot. 48v 500w kit.
Skinny tires are great for coasting and getting your workout in on an otherwise normal bike.
I saw someone with a handlebar basket on xbiking
and I had to have one.
2023.06.04 00:48 haitiankage 6 month Progress
I’m 21m 5’7 (a short man 😂) and my weight loss started in January so coming up to six months. I started when i got 300lbs because I never thought I’d actually get that heavy but seeing that was a big slap in the face and a much needed reality check. I’m currently at 257lbs and my goal for my final weight that I want to maintain is 170. However, I want to get down to 150 and then start building muscle to 170.
I try to go to the gym at least 4 days a week. I usually do the elliptical for an hour and the treadmill for 15-30min (i’m usually tired by then). Then about 30 minutes of laps at the park with my 1yo. So i try to get a minimum of one and half hour of exercise. I also do intermittent fasting (15:9) but i average ~17h fast.
My diets consistent of no breakfast because i usually fast til about 11am and at that time i’m usually in class. So lunch, matters on what I want either I’ll have a sandwich with lots of veggies, wheat bread, and turkey slices or a fruit smoothie with strawberry, papaya, pineapple, mango, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, chia seeds, and a scoop of protein. I meal prep for 10 days when I run out because it takes a few hours on the weekend. Last week was between jerk chicken and veggies/beef chunks and broccoli. I don’t track my calories, I really just eat portion size and try to stay away from carbs. I just got some greek yogurt bars that in excited to try to help with wanting sweets (100 calories). I’m also a big fan of kettle corn popcorn and got the 100 calories bags. I limit myself 2 snacks a day so either 2 popcorns, 1 ice cream/1 popcorn, or 3 ice creams.
I honestly didn’t think I’d stick to this for so long so I didn’t take before pictures. I got a lot of self doubt so I thought this would be another failed weight loss attempt. Main thing for me is I try not to get too upset when the scale goes up a few pounds just have to take it as motivation instead of just falling back. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
submitted by haitiankage
to loseit [link] [comments]