Vintage brass cat figurine
[WTS/WTT] Coins, Gerber Prybrid, Vintage Dalton Clone, Spyderco Military, Toor Merchant 2.0, & a Rick Lala Custom Safadage Razor
2023.06.08 23:15 mrbitbybit [WTS/WTT] Coins, Gerber Prybrid, Vintage Dalton Clone, Spyderco Military, Toor Merchant 2.0, & a Rick Lala Custom Safadage Razor
What's up Knifeswap Gang!
Got a price drop and a few other blades looking for new homes. Timestamp Trade Interest: Spyderco Reinhold Rhino 🦏 Three Coins Bundle
- Brass Frank Herbert Coin & Two Copper Mutiny Metal Coins
These have been carried but are in great condition. SV - FREE w/ any purchase Gerber Prybrid w/ Ti Deep Carry Clip
I’ve carried this once to test the pocket clip and haven’t carried it since. Basically brand new with the added Ti deep carry clip. I got the clip and hardware setup on Etsy
. SV - $25 Vintage Dalton Scale Release Auto CLONE
Brand new but no box, just fired a bunch. This is a clone of Dalton’s Scale Release Autos
at an insane fraction of the real one’s price. The scales are aluminum and blade is 440. This thing fires hard so make sure you’re holding on to it before actuating. SV - $35 Toor Merchant 2.0
Carried, used, sharpend, and no box. I’ve tuned the pivot so it has no blade play. This Merchant has no lock rock and no lock stick while maintaining excellent action on washers. I sharpened it on the KME and finished on the strop; only reprofiling 1 degree less than the factory bevel. So the edge is now fresh and hair shaving sharp. There’s some wear on the scales and under the pocket clip. This beauty flips great. It is not drop shut, but shakes shut pretty easily. I’d say the action feels hydraulic when slow rolling. A phenomenal knife with my only gripe being it should’ve came stock with a milled Ti clip. If you want to get an idea of what a quality USA made Ti framelock feels like without blowing on a CRK, this is it. These retail
for quite a bit, but I’m selling this one for only SV - $130
Thanks for checking out my post everyone! Let me know if you have questions, offers, or trades.
(Below have SOLD)
Spyderco - Military - S30V - Factory Second Frankenstein
Previous owner cobbled this from a factory second S30V blade and Blurple G10 scales. Not sure why the blade was marked a factory second. Some fine scratches on the blade, a roll on the edge, and wear on the G10 (check pics/video). Used by the previous owner. The rest of the edge is factory sharp. No box. The Military is the best linerlock I’ve handled. It has phenomenal lockup, no play, and a snappy detent. This beast is just a bit big for me. Spyderco's owner, Sal Glesser, designed the Military after someone asked him, "If your son were going into the military what folding knife would you send him with?". Lightweight for its size (4.3oz) with a capable 4” blade. Very balanced and nimble in hand. Would make for an extraordinary user or EDC. **SV - ~~$110
Rick Lala Custom Safadage Razor
Brand new. Comes with the nylon velcro case and lanyard w/Ti bead. Features a stonewashed and chisel ground blade with a fuller. The handle has a gorgeous anodized orange peel finished titanium frame with matching backspacer and titanium tip up clip. This is an extremely unique razor, with IKBS bearings, a backspacer detent, and an extended tang featuring a bottle opener with a bulbed locking mechanism at the end. The mechanism interfaces with the back of the knife and is secure and satisfying to use. Due to those features, this knife is an absolute joy to open and close. Insanely smooth action, with a beautiful ting sound when opening. The edge is ground and finished well, so it’s extraordinarily sharp. Sharpness demonstration by Rick himself. These cost $795 directly from him. Take this one for only SV - $235
submitted by mrbitbybit
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 22:13 Bunlao [CA-ON] [H] Fully Built Black Meridian, KBDPad, GMK Olive, Honeydew Bongo Cat, Olive Coiled Cable [W] Paypal
Hello there, I'm looking to sell everything in the timestamp as I've only built these to be put on display on the wall for my desk setup which I've grown apart from. Everything in the timestamp has only been mounted, tested, and put on display, zero shine zero wear 10/10 condition. Perfect Olive themed keyboards to add to anyone's collection
I'm asking for $1,000 USD plus shipping/fees
- No flaws, only built and displayed.
- 2 PCBs - the one mounted is Millmaxed, second is extra.
- Aluminum Plate + Foam.
- Durock Stabs.
- Gateron Black Ink V2 L&F with UHMWPE Stems (extremely smooth).
- Unused arm rest.
- No flaws, only built and displayed.
- 1 PCB
- Brass Plate + Foam.
- Durock Stabs.
- Creamsicles L&F.
- No flaws, only mounted and displayed.
- Original GMK Keycap case and packaging.
- Base set, spacebars, and extras.
Honeydew Bongo Cat Artisan
- No flaws, only mounted and displayed.
Olive Coiled Cable
- Custom order from Swift Cables.
- USB C to USB A.
- Detachable Olive with Black Cable.
- 15cm coil length.
PM with any questions, as of now I'm not looking to split anything but it is negotiable. Don't hesitate to message me for any more pictures! International shipping is at your own expense. Thank you!
submitted by Bunlao
to mechmarket [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 21:43 TacoTuesdaySucks Poly linen for pets??
I currently have the vintage blue rained chenille and it’s great with my pets (3 dogs and 4 cats). I want to get a spare set of covers to make cleaning easier for the household. I was looking at the Mediterranean in the Polylinen, but not sure if it will hold up well with the animals. Does anyone have this with pets? Can I see pics?
submitted by TacoTuesdaySucks
to Lovesac [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:52 Mr-PFM [WTS] VINTAGE • 1930's Celluloid Waterman 3V (Pocket Pen) - Black Pearl - Fine Flex Nib - Restored - [C] $95
Photo Gallery & Writing Sample
Paypal only. I ship fast (usually within 24 hours). Internationally shipping is available for an extra $20.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Waterman 3V Black Pearl - Flex F Nib - Restored - [C]
Selling a Waterman 3V. The V means vest. It's a short aka pocket size pen.
The pen is 4.25 inches capped and becomes 5.25 inches when posted.
This pen uses the same exact nibs as the Waterman 52
which everyone goes nuts over. The #3 model was released in 1936. It was originally called the #32 (released in 1932) though Waterman renamed it to the #3 in 1936 when they released the #92.
It's basically a celluloid Waterman 52v.
The only difference between the 52v and a 3v is the material and the clip design. The thickness of the barrel and grip section are identical as well as the overall dimensions of the pen.
This color is called Black Pearl or Black Pearl with red specks.
This color doesn't craze
or rot so don't worry about celluloid decay.
You can use pretty much any ink color in it. I personally stick to Diamine, J Herbin, Aurora, Pelikan, Waterman, Sheaffer and Parker for vintage pens.
The nib is a highly flexible Fine
as you can see in the writing sample photo. Grip section is made of ebonite as is the feed. Writes smooth without any issues.
Fully restored and working perfectly. It's got a brand new latex sac which I just installed.
[C] condition due to missing part of the clip
. Only the top part of the clip that's on the cap is still there. I polished the rough edges away with micromesh so what's left is smooth and can function as a roll stop.
No brassing or plating wear on the lever or lever box. Very light brassing on the edges of the top part of clip section that remains. No brassing on the cap band. No cracks or serious scratches. Some microscatches on the bottom of the barrel (no bite marks).
The pen is personalized Helen E Glass
slightly above the crisp Waterman Ideal imprint. Priced very low
for restored Waterman with a flex nib due to being personalized and the missing clip. Photo Gallery & Writing Sample Price w/ US shipping: $95 If it doesn't say PENDING or SOLD above, it's still available.
submitted by Mr-PFM
to Pen_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:37 Accomplished_Year328 Need help
So I used the cat figurine glitch to get farther in stages now im at a loss of what to do since they patched it and if I take of any of my hp upgrades I die instantly 😅😅 (I guess its karma for abusing a glitch?💀)
submitted by Accomplished_Year328
to LegendofSlime [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:31 redditduk [MegaList] SG Gigs & Music Concerts: Mid June (9 - 22 Jun 2023)
June 9 Update: Tiny Moving Parts 13-jun cancelled. 12-14 June reddit boycott. Bonus 24-jun-only listing will be hosted off-reddit soon.
- Shallow Levée (TW indie pop-rock band), lion studios 115b commonwealth drive, $89
- Esplanade: The Nature of Strings - pipa & harp by gildon choo & charmaine teo - day 1, free
- Esplanade Contemporary Dance: Dance at Dusk - The Human Expression (T.H.E) Dance Company - Day 1, outdoor, free
- SSO: Singapore Symphony Orchestra Magic Hour at Raffles Hotel, raffles hotel lawn, free
- Jazz Loft; UNDERGROUND feat. Tim O'Dwyer & Vuk Krakovic (Gypsy-Klezmer-Balkan-Celtic-Jazz party), blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Maduro: BLUES + SOUL = JAZZ ft. Rick Smith, Richard Jackson & Joshua Wan, jazz bar harding rd (dempsey) $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Havana Nights with Dairon - Day 2, jw mariott beach rd, jazz-ish bar $30
- Piano Fest: Tengku Irfan - Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- Piano Fest: Jonathan Biss - Masterclass, $20
- Piano Talk: Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Victoria Concert Hall, $10
- Klassique Musik: CORINNA Somewhere In Time Meets Winter Sonata, esplanade, $50
- Dance: NUNO by Decandance - day 1, esplanade, $25-$33
- Sopranos Bistro - Jazz & Clar (70s to 90s music live), 18 carpenter st clarke quay
- Las Americas - Barranquilla Night (live music, food, drinks), 43 Tras Street
- Gastrobeats: Tabula (rock), marina bay open space, free
- Drag Event: Baby Queen Movie Screening - SG first drag movie & drag aftershow, projector golden mile, $39
- DJ, CULTURE & Fuego Night 🔥 - Flyness X MOOD (hiphop rnb pop), luxe club marina square, $36
- DJ, JST BCZ - the Drum n Bass Den with Natty Lou, JAC, Suffix Sans, Davros SWTLKR, project x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $22
- DJ, Strange Weather - Kelab Malam ft. Dekadenz (JKT) w/ Aditya Permana, Ridwan, Jonathan Kusuma, club iki at ikigai riverwalk (clarke quay), $27
- DJ, COLDPLAY TRIBUTE Flashback Friday by UnfilteredPresents, hard rock cafe orchard, $28
- DJ, 87 Club Street Bar - DJ Matty, 87 club street
- DJ, Sleeping Giants Bar Taiseng: Ciento x Giants, 601 macpherson road
- DJ, Throwback Night @ Edition Rooftop Bar - dj andrew chow, 182 clemenceau ave (dhoby), free reg
- DJ, The Gentle's Bar & Records Soft Opening - DJ Aloy (80s), 47a neil road
- DJ, Club Hell, Reincarnation in Hell ft mistress kiramoon, 113 telok ayer (mrt), gay club $35 soldout
- DJ, Offtrack: HOLDTight (FRA), beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: Seng Wei (disco funk nite), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Cherry: Haili, Mindaniel (vn), ayekay, som j, 133 cecil st, ~$30
- DJ, Club Rich: From Taiwan Night - DJ Ashley Baby x MC KTwo, 114 middle road (bugis)
- DJ, MILK: NO Regrets Hardstyle - ft. 3than, rick savage, 530 North Bridge Rd Bugis Point L3, $30
- DJ, Black Horse: 525 Friday ft Joeru with Highness, Gerlexis (hardstyle, oriental edm, open), ming arcade orchard L7, asian style club
- DJ, Drip: GAWLI Sessions ft Y3llo, Jerry Jay, Fakecake, Past 12, Wuu Kee (hiphop, baile funk, pop), 100 Orchard Rd Concorde Hotel, $32
- DJ, Yang Club: The Scene ft Sherpa, reiko, miggy t, mr boo, clarke quay
- DJ, Prism: POSH - Pop Night ft. DJ Limmy, Tajima, Cherish (10s edm), prism club marina square, $27
- DJ, CE LA VI: ANGELOS (GRE, afro house, deep), marina bay sands hotel tower 3, $38
- DJ, Zouk: MAMBO JAMBO Night with ALDRIN & Hong(synthpop, disco, 80s boogie), zouk clarke quay, ~$45
- DJ, Marquee: SHOWTEK (hardstyle, electrohouse), marina bay sands, ~$55
- SLAM 30th Anniversary Concert, star theatre buona vista, $137
- 魏妙如 Ruth Kueo - Safe Haven: Homecoming concert, lion studios 115B Commonwealth Drive, $74
- Zheng Yi (郑怡) & Zhou Zhi Ping (周治平) - Everlasting Love Ballads 那一年， 那首歌 2, esplanade, $88
- Liyana Fizi (MY singer-songwriter folk bossa) ft Subsonic Eye's Wahidah, projector golden mile tower, $38
- Mathcore to Pop-punk Gig: Brainwashed Vol 3 - Circle Line Kid, Heaven Brought Me Hell, Glassmouth, Aggressive Raisin Cat, Flush, phil's studio parklane shopping ctr L5, $20 doors left
- A Capella: NUS Resonance: Vocal Obsession X: the night we met - Day 1, NUS UCC, preview $20
- Esplanade: Pipa & harp by gildon choo & charmaine teo - last, free
- Esplanade Dance: Dance at Dusk by T.H.E - Day 2, outdoor, free
- Jazz Loft: IRESON Latin Jazz Quartet, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Simply Jazz: Mario Serio, Louis Soliano Night, B1 Chijmes, jazz bar
- Frenchie Wine Bar: Jazz Music with Rick Smith & Richard Jackson, 81 tras st (tanjong pagar)
- Maduro: KENCHANA JAZZ with Rachma Quartet ft. Soukma, jazz bar harding rd (dempsey), $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Havana Nights with Dairon - Last, jw mariott beach rd, jazz-ish bar $30
- SCO: For Our Dreams: Wang Chenwei’s Composition Showcase (cond. Tsung Yeh), SCO concert hall, $40
- Chinese Orchestra: SCO - For Our Dreams: Wang Chenwei's Composition Showcase 逐梦: 王辰威作品专场音乐会, 7 shenton way, left $40
- Chinese Orchestra: Ding Yi Music Company - 绣艺•留香 Intimate Intricacies (cond. Quek Ling Kiong), SCCC 1 Straits Boulevard, $28
- Piano Fest: Jonathan Biss Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- Piano Fest: Masterclass by Tengku Irfan, victoria concert hall, $20
- Ballet x Orchestra: Symphony of Dance - SNYO x Singapore Ballet, esplanade, $20
- Ballet: Cheng Youth Ballet Academy - Révérence 2023 - Day 1, NUS UCC, $50
- Talk: Our Voices: Dialogue on Intercultural Music (classical), National Library, free
- Blackbird: Johnny Come Lately (eagles tribute night + surath&rene), gillman barracks music bar
- Hero's Bar: Embers (rock, funk), 69 circular rd boat quay
- Timbre One-North: Strait Up Blues Open Jam, jtc launchpad one-north, $20 per jammer with drink
- Gastrobeats: A-List & Onelove, marina bay open space, free
- Drag: RIOT!, hard rock cafe orchard, $15
- Roller Skate: HiRoller Skate Rink's Disco Night!, Pasir Ris E!Hub
- DJ, CAWFEE MIX!! 4th Anniversary - J-Core, Anime-song x Bass Music ft 3R2 (TW), rainry, rinairi/VITICZ/yungbentai/Vanille Altzy/10SAI/WINDY, Wild Pearl Studio Micro-club 195 Pearl's Hill Terrace (chinatown), $28
- DJ, Goth Event: The Batcave Project: Batastrophe ft. Kabuki Kaiser, Katronyk, Grave, Jono, Hexenskye Studios at York Hill Blk 11 (near furama riverfront), $25
- DJ, FUEGO NIGHT BEACH FIESTA DJs Kfaith & Skilla (Reggaeton, Afrobeats, Hip Hop, pop), sand bar 53 siloso beach walk Sentosa, $30
- DJ & Live Music: Transcend Ego Dissolving Dance Party by Mantravine ft yetpet, tom shellsuit et al., kult kafe the grandstand 200 turf club road (sixth avenue), $20
- DJ Queer Brunch: SUNNY SIDE UP: thugshop x fomohomo pink pride edition - Your queer boozy brunch party , 66 boat quay, $55
- DJ, Pool Party: AQUA AFFAIR (kollywood x bollywood ft DJ Prasen, Melwin, Helsing), one farrer hotel, $30
- DJ, iKi invites TRANCE4M International ft Paul Denton, club iki @ ikigai riverwalk clarke quay, $45
- DJ, Element Hip-hop Edition 2 - ft. DJ Marie, Badgaldidi, suffix_sams, mr gray, misfits bar 18 ciruclar rd (boat quay), $21
- DJ, Afterlife - Pop Queens Crush (y2k era) ft. 3than, Ling, scruple & dahlia rose), prism club marina square, $35
- DJ, Melodic Beats house/techno rooftop party - ft VIOLESC, Kid Barna & PMIGALIC, Club Di Lusso 2 Hastings Rd (rocholittle india), $20
- DJ, MODAL 1st Anniversary - Tommy Four Seven (techno) & aya , haw par villa, $37
- DJ, Mukke: berlin meets ibiza in singapore - ft. toasty, ultra vibrance (AU), frau meyer, Koppa (DE) - tech house/baeleric?, projector x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $22
- DJ, Parliament Bar's Disco Dream nite, 18 teck lim road (outram)
- DJ, The Gentle's Bar & Records Soft Opening - DJ Itch (Asian Boogie, funk, city pop), 47a neil road
- DJ, JinJu Korean Bar's DJ Night Inaugural - DJ Ilhammi Tan (edm), clarke quay
- DJ, LAST SATURDAYS - the late saturday mystery show ft HBN, Jiang, Haili, dm this IG, $10
- DJ, GrooveTop Garage (UKG, UK Funky, hiphop) ft. Head of Vibes, Kenneth Francis & Joshua P, Neon Pigeon 36 Carpenter St clarke quay, $30
- DJ, Manifest - Dirty Techno Series ft DOBé (DE), MINDANIEL (VN), NINO BLINK + JAMIE REACT (UK), yang club clarke quay, $30
- DJ, Kpop Arcade #14 - SVT (SEVENTEEN) NIGHT ft. kafekcj , Majesty Chen Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, left $50 doors
- DJ, Vertigo 26: Unker 4 - 80s SynthPop / Hair Rock nite, at MINT Museum City Hall, listening bar
- DJ, Moonstone: Ya5th (hiphop rnb), 103 amoy st
- DJ, Potato Head: Shaun Nocturnals + Mutiah Ashnim, 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Drip: After The Noon (PH) - also top 40s, edm, hard, hiphop rnb, 100 Orchard Rd Concorde Hotel, $32
- DJ, Club Hell, F*!@ Me in Hell, 113 telok ayer (mrt), gay club $35 soldout
- DJ, HQ: Halal Sol, The Weatherman, TMDDJ (house, techno), hq club 66A boat quay, $30
- DJ, CE LA VI: Glam Bash, marina bay sands hotel
- DJ, Black Horse: Miggy T, Highness, Gerlexis (hardstyle, oriental edm, open), ming arcade orchard L7, asian style club
- DJ, MILK: Viva La Vida (reggaeton, latin hits, guaracha) ft. relibre, snickaz, dj naddz, 530 North Bridge Rd Bugis Point L3, $30
- DJ, Capital Zouk: Poparazzi presents Caden & Ghetto feat. MC T-Fresh (pop), capital zouk clarke quay (22+ yo), ~$50
- DJ, Tuff: CHRISTIAN SMITH (tech house), tuff club 138 robinson rd cbd, $35
- DJ, Luxe: Inquisitive & Farah Farz, luxe club marina square, $50
- DJ, Zouk: MAKJ (big room edm), zouk clarke quay, ~$45 with 2 drinks
- William Youn Piano Recital - Echoes of Silence (schubert, ravel), SCO 7 shenton way sco conference hall, $25
- SPECTACLE! - Estelle Fly, Alfred Sun, BINI, BGYO, XOXO, YES MY LOVE - AOR Global showcase Best of S-Pop & P-Pop, esplanade, $35
- Christy Smith - Tribute to FESTAC'77 & Fela Kuti (jazzy afrobeat) - Mosiac Music Series, esplanade, $38
- Tong Yao 桐瑶 - Best of Teresa Teng 邓丽君 Tribute Concert, esplanade, $48
- Esplanade: Flamenco Meets Jazz Music - amanda lee x dancer Tania Goh, free
- Esplanade: Beautiful Sundays: Sparkswind Ensemble Relaxed Concert, free reg limited
- Esplanade Contemporary Dance: T.H.E Dance Company - Last, outdoor, free
- Piano Fest: Pierre-Laurent Aimard Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- A Capella: NUS Resonance: Vocal Obsession X: the night we met - Day 1, NUS UCC, preview $20
- Blu Jaz: New Stream Brass Band (new orleans style), blu jaz at bali ln, $22 soldout
- Talk: SCCC's TV Festival 生命传承 - 华彩电视节 ft Bryan Wong, Chen Liping, Marcus Chin, Low Wee Liang, Cheong Yan Peng, Gao Mei Gui, Ayden Sng, 1 Straits Boulevard, free reg
- Standup Comedy: Aravind SA's We Need to Talk, Alliance Française Theatre (newton), $65
- Ballet: Cheng Youth Ballet Academy - Révérence 2023 - Last, NUS UCC, $50
- Dance: Authentic Flamenco - Paula Rodríguez (last), Kewalram Chanrai Arts Centre (Robertson Quay), $65
- Blackbird: Cat Mountain Kings - blues and rock, also jack and rai, raw earth , gillman barracks music bar
- DJ, Foxtail at The Back Room - ft DJ Mari, Haili, Tasha, 36 club street, cocktail bar free reg
- Lee Seung Gi, resorts world sentosa, $168
- Nobuyuki Tsujii Returns to Singapore (pianist), Esplanade, $48
- Chinese Theatre: Cao Yu's Sunrise by Jin Xing Theatre Shanghai & Mars Drama - Day 1, esplanade, $88
- Esplanade Theatre/Visual/Ambient: Transit 步: The Performance, free
- Cool Cats Jazz: The Blues: with Skunk Jive, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- Candlelight: Best of Hans Zimmer by vocalise string quartet, the arts house (city hall), left $52
- Blackbird: Rockweller (hard rock), gillman barracks live music bar
- Standup comedy: Jinx Yeo at Mo's Grill & Bar West Coast, opposite haw par villa MRT, $22
- Punk History TouDialogue: POST PUNK with Shaiful Risan, 345 geyland rd Pavilion Square, $15-$25 with drink
- DJ, Prism: Ladies First with tarot Cards and Kandi Beads, prism pan pacific, femme free with timing - men $30
- DJ, Offtrack: Nightcap with DJ ITCH (asian boogie, funk, citypop), beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: DJ Yenn (hiphop rnb nite), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- The Purple Symphony Annual Concert 2023- Last, 7 shenton way sco conference hall, $20
- Esplanade Rap x Chinese Classical x Text?: Axel Brizzy, Calista Liaw, Jeremy Wong, Wovensound, Khalif Rawi - The Art of War 2.0 - Day 1, free
- Chinese Theatre: Sunrise - Day 2, esplanade, $88
- Cool Cats Jazz: Alina Ramirez plays Latin Jazz, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- Candlelight: Vivaldi's Four Seasons - by Vocalise string quartet, the arts house city hall, $35
- DJ, CLUB RICH: DJ Dash, Lionnexus & a mystery DJ - EURO RETURN 2, 114 middle road (bugis)
- DJ, Offtrack: Daryl Knows, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Day 1, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- 伍佰 WU BAI AND CHINA BLUE ROCK STAR 2023 巡迴演唱会 - Day 1, resorts world sentosa, $78
- Metal/Core/HC Gig: That Incredble Gig in JUNE ft. TARIOT, Aggressive Raisin Cat, Destiny, Overthrown, Tailgates, Shy Guys, centre 42 waterloo st (bras basah), $16
- Esplanade: Cheats (PH), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: Shirly Temple (indie-rock, 60s psych pop), outdoor, free
- Esplanade Rap x Chinese Chamber Classical x Text?: Axel Brizzy, Calista Liaw, Jeremy Wong, Wovensound, Khalif Rawi - The Art of War 2.0 - Last, free
- Chamber: More Than Music Trio - Notes of Passion (dvorak, strauss, sibelius, tartini) - day 1, esplanade, $20-$30
- Jazz Loft: Sean Hong Wei Quartet (tenor sax lead). blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Cool Cats: Nikki Muller, also on 18 Jun, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $40
- Mandopop Chinese Opera: Who Says It First 戏谁先说 by Nam Hwa Opera - Day 1, 1 straits boulevard, preview, $28
- Chinese Theatre: Sunrise by Jin Xing Theatre Shanghai - Last, esplanade, $88
- Candlelight: A Tribute to ABBA - VOX string quartet, the arts house city hall, $35
- Drag Event: Baby Queen Movie Screening - SG drag movie & drag aftershow, projector golden mile, $39
- Gegarfest: Gerhana Skacinta (ska/rocksteady/reggae), Ryzall Noh, Caliph Buskers, singapore expo, free
- Gastrobeats: Shirlyn + The UnXpected (rock), marina bay open space, free
- DJ, NORTH EAST SOCIAL CLUB x Thugshop: Soul Mass Transit System (UK garage, bassline) ft mza, lemak, helios, tuff club 138 robinson rd cbd, $37
- DJ, HOUSEWRK Presents: SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA tribute, projector x picturehouse (the cathay), $22 (SHM10 code discount)
- DJ, CIEL X Therapy Room : Open Decks DJ ft. Jas, Daya, Vincent, Mari, BenBen, edition rooftop bar dhoby ghaut (82 clemenceau ave), $22
- DJ, Thugshop XXL Series feat. PIG&DAN (techno, progressive), MDLR 62 cecil street (telok ayer), $40
- DJ, Bailar - Agitar ft piratheeb, kelibre, dj snickaz, djsan, naddz (hiphop reggaeton latinhouse), hard rock cafe orchard, ~$20 not clear
- DJ, AfroDesi Night at Majesty Chen, Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, $25
- DJ, Phuture Zouk: TRANSFIX invites TRANCE4M by Last One Standing - DJ Tony Hang, Daniel Ang and Joshen, zouk clarke quay
- DJ, Blu Jaz: Back to the 90s with DJ Jag x Big, blu jaz at bali ln, $11
- DJ, Offtrack: Anwar, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: The Beat Usagi + Nino Blink (disco/funk), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Yang Club: Kaylova, reiko & kidd royale ft mc hund, clarke quay
- DJ, HQ: GONNO (jp house, techno, ambient). headquarters club 66A boat quay, $37
- DJ, Marquee: Revolution - DJ Zippy's 'Future Rave' night, marina bay sands $20
- DJ, CE LA VI: FLOYD LAVINE (ZA afro house), kenneth f, marina bay sands hotel, $38
- CLANG: 克朗! CHINESE Indie Music Fest - ft 麋先生 MIXER, 9m88, 旺福 WONFU, 守夜人 NIGHT KEEPERS, 海豚刑警 IRUKA PORISU, 甜约翰 Sweet John, 温室杂草 Easy Weeds, pasir panjang power stn, $120
- 伍佰 WU BAI AND CHINA BLUE ROCK STAR 2023 巡迴演唱会 - Last Day, resorts world sentosa, $78
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Day 2, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- Dewi Persik - Dangdut Mania ft Rina Nose and Nabila Maharani (INA), Rosalina Musa (SG), star theatre buona vista, $88
- Indie Rock Gig: TURN IT UP Vol II Rabak Records - 8forty5 EP Launch, KYYRA, Nosedive, feelslikeyou, freshpoutine, see link, $20 or doors
- Indie Rock Gig: Pink Cloud Summer - Bellied Star, MRTNS, FADER, Line Drive, Late Culture, see link, $25 soldout
- Esplanade: Door Plant (THA dream-pop/indie-surf band), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: Oh, Flamingo! (PH indie rock), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: ChambeElectronic: In The Living Room ft. Miao Kaiwen, Frances Lee, Chow Jun Yan, free
- Chamber: More Than Music Trio - Notes of Passion (dvorak, strauss, sibelius, tartini) - last, esplanade, $20-$30
- Carnatic Violin Ensemble: Indian Performing Arts Convention 2023: Strings of Gold ft Embar S. Kannan - with Apsaras Arts Dance Co., esplanade, $22 to $35
- SSO Organ: Tom Scott's The Composer and the Mouse + The Carnival of the Animals (family friendly), victoria concert hall, $20
- Jazz Loft: Amanda Lee Swingtet, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Mandopop Chinese Opera: Who Says It First 戏谁先说 by Nam Hwa Opera (SCCC Cultural Extravanganza)Last, 1 straits boulevard, $28
- Standup Comedy: Fakkah Fuzz (M18), esplanade, $55
- Kids Ballet: Live Your Story by JE Dance Academy, NUS UCC, $28
- Beatbox Battle: Escension Beatbox Battle by 555 Beatbox, 42 waterloo st (bras basah), $15
- Our Tampines Hub: Let's Rock (retro hits from 60s-70s), tampines, free reg
- Anime Event: MUSIC PROJECT & IDOL Only Event by iFest SG - Day 1, peninsula excelsior hotel ballroom, tics $30
- Soundbath: Mantravine's Soundbath, altered states at kallang riverside park
- Drag/Ballroom: Pink Kiki Ball 2.0 by vogue in progress, with dj bobby pingpongpanda, c2ac, MDLR 62 cecil street (telok ayer), $37 soldout, door available
- Drag Event: Yours Queerly's Queerly Affair 2023, 102 pasir panjang rd, $25
- Prohibited Projects: Distro Day Out - punk/subculture hangout , the substation alley 45 armenian street
- Gegarfest: Khai Bahar, jay jay, nana karia, singapore expo, free
- DJ, DJ Jovynn for Cross Border by Party Lab x Diamondcosg, prism club marina square, $30
- DJ, Pool Party: Party Social's Pool Party - Caribbean Vibes ft DaBishop OnDMix, DJ Cheri, Afro Junior (dancehall, reggaeton, afrobeats hiphop), grand park city hall, ~$20
- DJ, Bussy Temple: Father's Womb (Queer NB Positive Rave) - Dance Divine (DE), Sayang (UK-MY), Halalbutch, Soyf§g, Howrøng, 72-13 Mohamed Sultan Road (robertson quay), $27
- DJ, Stickies x What You Know Dance Battle - Block Party (hiphoppy), Stickies 11 Keng Cheow St (clarke quay), $25 doodm
- DJ, 4xF Uncharted - ft. Vaibs, pure love, Daya, Cosmo Carbon, Labraatz, Kayh (housey), stratos rooftop bar at national design centre (bugis), $27
- DJ, CULTURE Presents Back 2 Two Thousands, luxe club marina square, $32
- DJ, Dance Kartel - Gloo, The Kongsee 10 Gemmill Ln, $20
- DJ, Manifest - Jungle Beats Afrohouse + Tribal Tech - ft Cyril Labaude, Stephen Day, Joshua P, Mandala Club 31 Bukit Pasoh, $30
- DJ, EATMEPOPTART: Electric Feel - If You Leave ft. weelikeme, fantastic dinosaur (80s s disco, pop, funk, new wave), projector x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $20
- DJ, Yang Club: Asian Nation ft Noizefaktor (my), sherpa, reiko, mc hund, clarke quay
- DJ, Majesty Chen: Even Up Booze & Schmooze Mixer, Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, $49
- DJ, KPO: PET SHOP BOYS Tribute Night - admirably with DJ Kenneth Siew, beside orchard central (somerset)
- DJ, Offtrack: Archie (ID), bongomann & daryl knows, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Tuff: Thugshop x Art Beyond Presents - BERLIN SESSIONS with MATCHY (melodic techno & house), 138 robinson rd cbd, $37
- DJ, HQ: VOISKI (techno, leans ambient), headquarters club 66A boat quay, $37
- DJ, Capital Zouk: Total Recall with Caden & Rattle (90s - 00s), capital zouk clarke quay (22+), $75
- DJ, Zouk: Charged with Hong & Ghetto (bass night), zouk clarke quay, ~$45 with 2 drinks
- DJ, Marquee: Slushii (bass, trap), marina bay sands,
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Last, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- ITCHYWORMS (PH rock), timbre one-north, $50
- Jesslyn 陈佩贤 x YU JIA TSENG 曾昱嘉 - Heartfelt Concert 走心音乐会4, esplanade, $88
- Esplanade: monda(e) - instrumental rock/post, outdoor, free
- Esplanade: INTERMISSION - post-punk, outdoor, free
- Esplanade AI Theatre: AI x Improv Theatre, esplanade, free
- Carnatic Fusion Jazz/pop: Niranjan Pandian & NP Collective for IPAC - Samavaya - A Euphonic Co-existence, esplanade, $22-$35
- Classical Harp x Audio-Visual: The Four Seasons Reimagined By The Harp Quarterly x Avik Chari x Lynette Quek, national library drama center, $18-$28
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Joe Hisaishi - Candlelight Orchestra, victoria concert hall, left $84
- Live Reggae/Rocksteady/DJ: Sunday Live Reggae with Reggae Remedy ft Izaar, DJ Rumshot, Thirty Six Brewlab 36 Club Street (boat quay)
- Gegarfest: Insomniacks, Rahila, singapore expo
- Chinese Opera: One Opera Singapore 戏曲一家亲 - Cantonese, Hainan Qiong, Hubei Huangmei, Hokkkien, & Teochew Opera (SCCC Cultural Extravaganza), SCCC auditorium, $10 soldout
- Ballet: DuCon Singapore Gala ft Kimin Kim and May Nagahisa of Mariinsky Theatre, SOTA dhoby ghaut,$60
- Avant Dance: PheNoumenon by T.H.E Dance Company (last), esplanade, $28-$40
- Soundbath: Haw Par Chill-Lah: Hypno Sense & Sound Bathing, haw par villa, $60 (also on 17/sat)
- Anime Event: MUSIC PROJECT & IDOL Only Event by iFest SG - Last Day, peninsula excelsior hotel ballroom, tics $30
- DJ, KAMPONG BOOGIE x Potato Head: Straight outta Kampong (hip hoppy, mixed genres, rnb funky), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro tickets at door
- Kruelty (JP hardcore), Krusty (MY), Deceased & KillonSight, phil's studio at parklane shopping centre dhoby L5, $35 now
- Esplanade Multidisciplinary Poetry, music, theatre: Between Ground and Sky, exploring Shirley Geok-lin Lim & Tan Tiag Yi , free
- Jazz Loft: HORNS ARE UNIQUE (HAU) ft Benoit Trouwaert, Andreas Marinello, Rick Smith, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Cool Cats Jazz: Beautiful Bossanova with Natasha Oong, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- SIAO CHAR BORS COMEDY: The Big Gay Variety Show, projector golden mile tower, $28
- Voices of Singapore Men's Audition, capitol theatre
- BEERFEST ASIA, Open Carpark beside Kallang Leisure Park
- DJ, Offtrack: Nez Senja, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Tipsy Penguin turns 5! Tipsy Slumber Party ft. DJ Mad Jester & Emo Nemo + Bolster Fight Championship, NTUC Income Building Tampines Central
Ongoing maybe not music
- Exhibition: Naruto TV 20th Anniversary Exhibition, marina square, $25, everyday
- Theatre till 18 Jul: Wild Rice's Hotel, funan city hall, $70 for 2 connected shows, every other day
- Theatre till 18 jun: Pangdemonium's Doubt - A Parable, esplanade, ~$60, everyday
- Avant Dance 15-18 Jun: PheNoumenon by T.H.E Dance Company, esplanade, $28-$40
- Ballet Kid-friendly 15-18 jun: Singapore Ballet - Peter & Blue's Birthday Party, school of the arts dhoby ghaut, $35
- Theatre 15-18 Jun: Wild Rice's Singapore Youth Theatre - A Double Bill: Every Student is A Good Student/ In My Head, funan, ~$30 soldout
- Dance till 11 Jun: Authentic Flamenco - Paula Rodríguez, Kewalram Chanrai Arts Centre (Robertson Quay/Fort Canning), everyday, $65
- Indian Arts Workshops 18-24 jun: Indian Performing Arts Convention 2023 Workshops - FB, and IG
- Kid Friendly 9-25 jun: Esplanade: Discovering the Harp! with Laura Peh, only on fri-weekends, free
- Exhibit 13-18 jun: Esplanade: Transit 步: The Installation, free
- Gastrobeats and iLight Singapore - till 25 June, free
submitted by redditduk
to singaporemusicchat [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:25 Neither-Ad-507 Does anyone else NOT have extreme glitching in TS4?
All I see on here is people complaining about how broken the game is - which if they’re experiencing that level of glitching, I completely understand. However, I’ve had TS4 for a few years and never had issues except maybe a few very minuscule glitches here and there. I have cats and dogs, university, city living, strangerville, spa day, paranormal, vintage glamour, and maybe a few other expansions/packs I’m forgetting. I used to play on a really old cheap computer until upgrading the last maybe two years or so- but even then I just play on a regular MacBook Air. Everyone loved the sims 2 which I also loved playing but I had way more issues with - glitching, extremely long load times, lagging, etc. I never played the sims 3 so I can’t speak on open world but I like how in 4 you can walk around the neighborhood and interact without traveling, I felt like they did a good job. What could be the reason everyone is having so many issues? Is there anyone else whose game seems fine and doesn’t have the extreme glitching everyone else experiences? The only major issue I had for awhile is all my sims being mean to each other but it seems to have resolved.
submitted by Neither-Ad-507
to thesims [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:59 LisaHouseofTreasures Vintage 4.5"x3" Photo Frame Brushed Gold Tone Brass Embossed Floral Scrolls
2023.06.08 16:25 Hobgobbe [LFA] Hobb, goblin anarchist and Tavern King
| || |
Full name Hobb Noxious. submitted by Hobgobbe to characterdrawing [link] [comments]
Nox is a homebrew goblin, with a very distinct look. Bat-like nose, cat-like mouth (with more than it's fair share of teeth), and claws in place of stubby fingers. Their homebrew world is equal parts high fantasy, sword and sorcery, and heavy oppression in the form of an overreaching monarchy, bent on keeping the common man (and goblin) down in the gutters, right where they think they belong.
This is where the anarchist portion comes into play, as they have a major talent for causing trouble, inciting riots and as a bonus: what some might call a bottomless stomach when it comes to alcohol. This last special ability has earned them their crowning achievement and impressive title of "Tavern King".
Whiling away the evening in yet another tavern in a sea of taverns, Hobb found itself in a drinking contest with your standard Man in a Hood™, in your standard dark corner. Five drinks turned to ten, then to twenty, and well after the final count had been lost, Hobb finally stood victorious... albeit with a shoulder to lean on to keep balance. The wagers thrown back and forth were garbled and heavily slurred, but in the end, solidified with the help of many a witness to back them up. Nox, although more than a little inebriated even in the beginning of the contest, was still observant enough to spot the trappings of someone who obviously had money; very fine clothes, with no sign of wear and tear, clean skin, clean manicured nails, and freshly shaved chin. Seeing all this, the proposal made and agreed to was simple: if defeated in honourable battle via drink, simply renounce all your current belongings to me. Visions of hefty coin purses and jewel hilted daggers danced through their drunken mind. True to his word, the hooded man paid his debt, and Hobb received everything they had imagined, and more, for the hooded stranger was, in fact, the region's king, slumming it in his favourite tavern, and among his possessions was his badge of office: the crown itself.
Sobriety came slow and painful to the both of them, and the reality of the situation became all the more grave as it did so. In the end, after much dispute and some (mostly) composed pleading, a deal was struck. In exchange for the crown returned, Hobb Noxious would be named a king in it's own right... but only when within taverns and pubs, with all the privileges and benefits that come with such a grand title. Most importantly: free drinks.
Tales spread across the land, and even well outside of the first kingdom, free drinks still find their way into their hands upon entering new taverns, and a shoddy wooden crown made from bark and sticks finds itself proudly upon their head.
• Age: Hobb looks to be around their 30's, and is male-leaning, but prefers to be called "it" to further distance themselves from other species. Unlike the usual stereotype for goblins, they are actually quite tall and lean, almost to the point of looking emaciated or "stretched", although they still have a slight paunch. Their skin is covered in a light fuzz that is charcoal grey, and they have cat-like/wolf-like yellow eyes.
• Their clothes consist of an old patchwork shoulder-cloak with a high collar, and typically a series of very average raggedy short sleeved medieval style tunics with laces in the front, and plain black breeches. An old brown leather belt holds a viking style axe at it's hip, and a simple brass ring on their left hand's ring finger, with an H lightly engraved upon it.
• Color scheme for Hobb is muted. Their favourite colour is their signature charcoal grey skin tone, and they absolutely love patchwork items with autumn colours.
Black and white image of face on the moodboard is actually -of- the character, but honestly felt more cartoony than what I was going for. Hobb is... very much non-human, and aside from having two legs, two arms, is only barely considered "humanoid" in general shape, and would honestly be better suited to be classified a cryptid if they were somehow seen in the middle of the forest in West Virginia.
That being said, they are still a goofball, and tend to crack jokes and play pranks, even if they look ominous all the while.
Pose-wise, I'm open to anything, but I've always wanted a shot of them in their element, in a tavern, leaning back in a chair with one leg up, drink in hand, twig-crown askew on their head and a big toothy smile on their face.
2023.06.08 15:16 clearliquidclearjar TALLAHASSEE WEEKLY EVENTS, 6/8 – 6/14
Events are listed by the day. Events that happen every week appear first, one time stuff after that. If you have anything you’d like people to know about, comment here or message me and I’ll add it in. If you’d like further info about any of the events, look it up! I usually don’t have any extra to add. Large Scale, Ongoing, and Multi-Day Events Local Running, Walking, and Biking Info: https://troubleafoot.blogspot.com/ OutdooFarmer’s Markets:
- Lake Ella Grower's Market: Wednesday and Saturday, 11am-2pm. You can always find organic vendors, and foragers: The Holistic Cannabis Community, Artzi Farms, Hickory Nut Gifts, and others. Including Pita Queen! Farmer's Market Nutrition Program Coupons gladly accepted!
- Frenchtown Heritage Market: 524 N MLK Jr Blvd. Saturdays, 10am to 2pm. Come grow community and support your local farmers and makers, while you get your groceries for the week! Don’t forget! We match SNAP/EBT, so you DOUBLE your money to go towards locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables! If the guy with the pineapple is there, get it.
- Tallahassee Farmers Market: 2904 Kerry Forest Pkwy, Saturdays, 8am to Noon. Come see us at Tallahassee's longest-running farmers market! We are a year-round market, featuring local farms and vendors that provide the best seasonal produce, meats, baked goods, and more. We welcome you and your whole family (leashed pets included) to come out and meet your local farmers! Ample parking is available between our lot and the shopping center lot next door (by Red Elephant). Come early for the best selection.
- Tallahassee Downtown Market: Ponce de Leon Park, Saturdays, 10am-2pm. Join us for a stroll in the park among local makers, bakers, artists and farmers as live music is played by local musicians!
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Bingo. 6pm
- Dreamland BBQ: Weekly Open Blues Jam. If you'd like to sing, please bring your own mic. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Open Mic Night. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Solforge Fusion Sealed-Deck Tournament. Anyone interested in SolForge: Fusion, please come out! Thursday nights at 6:00pm to 9:00pm ish will be dedicated to SolForge Fusion gameplay and weekly tournaments. If you play or have played MTG but would like to spend less, this is a great alternative CCG with inexpensive entry and minimal purchases to enjoy playing competitively. In-store and online tournaments may be played with the same decks purchased at any store. SolForge was created by the same designer for MTG, Netrunner, and Key Forge, Richard Garfield, and the designer for Ascension, Justine Gary. 6pm/$35 Entry Fee for 4 Sealed Half-decks, Special Art Playmat Prize for 1st Place
- Oyster City Brewing Co: Open Mic Night! Join us on Thursdays from 6:30-9:30 PM for Open Mic Night hosted by the incredible Mike Ingram of The Brown Goose! This is your chance to show off your skills! Whether you're a musician, poet, comedian, or have a hidden talent, we can't wait to see what you bring to the stage. 6:30pm
- World of Beer: Trivia Night. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Tallahassee Thursday Comedy. 7pm
- Lake Tribe III: Trivia. 7pm
- Smitty's Taphouse: Trivia Lab Thursdays. Teams of 6 or fewer players can compete for $30 / $20 / $10 Prizes + The Golden MacGuffin prize table! New format! Interactive smartphone answering for your comfort and safety! 6 Fun Rounds - 42 Total Questions. 7:30pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Gamera: MST3K. Join us Thursday as we climb aboard The Satellite of Love along with Joel, Tom Servo and CROOOOW as the Gang riffs the 1965 kiju classic, GAMERA, who will devastate every city in Japan but maintains that he is a friend to all children...despite leaving them homeless and killing their parents. 8pm/free but donations encouraged
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Thursdays. There will be rotating music genres from local artists! 8pm/free/21+
- Poor Pauls: Trivia. 8/21+
- 926: Karaoke. 9pm
- La Casa: Comedy Night! 9pm
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Show. Join us for Experiment 002 and take a mind-bending trip into the sound of the future! Our electrifying music party will transport you to another dimension with cutting-edge beats and non-stop excitement. 9pm
- Bird’s: Karaoke with Nathan. 9pm
- Blue Tavern: Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday (and Jam Session) with the Longineu Parsons Trio. Expect the unexpected when the supertrio of Longineu Parsons, Brian Hall, and Michael Bakan hold court for Blue Tavern's exciting new Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday series (FJFBT). From Louis Armstrong classics to meditative musical dreamscapes, hard-driving funk grooves to wild Balkan beats, and free jazz adventures to the deepest downhome blues, Parsons-Bakan-Hall do it all--and they do it like no one else, whether here in Tallahassee or anywhere else on the planet. Oh, and don't forget to bring your instrument and sit in during the final 10:00 set open jam (space permitting). 8pm/$5
- Retrofit Records: King Krule “Space Heavy” Album Listening Event. 8pm
- The Bark: Closet Goth with No Face and Good Real Estate. 8pm
- 926: Jameson Tank with Learning To Swim and The Sparrows. 8:30pm
- Blue Tavern: Happy Hour with Everett Young. 5pm
- Hobbit West: Friday Night Dart Tournament. Anyone can Enter! Sign ups at 7:30, Darts fly at 8:00/$10 entry fee
- Ouzts Too: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 8pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Latin Night. 8pm
- Just One More: Karaoke with DJ Rah. 9pm-11pm/21+
- 926: The Hot Friday Night Party and Drag Show. 9pm/$5/18+
SATURDAY, 6/10 It’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me.
- Proof: The Allie Cats. 5pm
- Peppers: Saylor Dollar. 6pm
- The Red Shed: Walkers Crossing. 6pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Ben Baggett. 6pm
- Lake Tribe: John Moore. 6:30pm
- The Wine House on Markey Street: Little Mercies. 7pm
- Ruby Diamond: Second Annual Screen Spectacular featuring original film scores from student films and arrangements of music from film, TV, and video games performed by the FSU Studio Orchestra. 7:30pm
- Fire Bettys: Jupiter Troupe + Soul Candy - Free Show! 8pm
- The Bark: BRAT! with support from Brass Wizard, Slug Crust, Nightfall Ends, and Subpotent. 8:30pm
- Brinkley Glen Park: Invasive Plant Removal. Join Master Gardener Volunteers at this weekly invasive plant removal event. This is a great way to learn to ID our invasive plant species and how to remove them. We recommend wearing long pants and sleeves, closed-toed shoes, gloves, a hat and mosquito spray. Bring gardening tools such as hand clippers, loppers, trowels, etc. if you have them. We are removing coral ardisia bushes and berries, nandina, tung trees, Tradescantia flumenensis, cat's claw vine, winged yam, Japanese climbing fern, skunkvine and more. Directions: The best way to get there is to take Meridian Rd to Waverly Rd, go to the next intersection and turn left onto Abbotsford Way, then turn left at the next road called Woodside Dr. At the stop sign turn left onto Lothian. Lothian ends in a cul-de-sac and there is a sign that says Brinkley Glen Park. 8:30am-11:30am
- The Rose Room: The Rose Revue. Performances by your favorite entertainers and special guests! Shows at 8pm, 10pm, & Midnight! A unique cast EACH show! 7pm
- Duke’s and Dottie’s: Line Dancing Plus Lessons. 7pm/21+
- Bird’s Oyster Shack: Laughterday Night Fever. This week: Five Year Anniversary Laughterday Night Fever! Join us every Saturday at Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack for a free comedy show! 8:30pm
- La Casa Bar: Karaoke With Nathan. 9pm-1am
- The Bark: Sickening Saturday Drag Show. 10:30/$10/18+
- Woodville Branch of the Leon County Public Library: 2nd Saturday: History Under the Sea. Florida’s long coastline and crystal blue waters make for excellent diving experiences! The wonders of the sea have called many people to explore the depths! Come learn about diving practices through the years. Kids will go on a ‘dive’ of their own and discover the wonders of Florida’s waters! 11am
- Adams Street: Adams St Flea. Browse our market full of locally hand-made items, art, and vintage finds, all set to the vibes of our house DJ on Adams St. Make an afternoon of your trip by visiting the restaurants and shops in the heart of our Capital City. Noon
- Blue Tavern: 2nd & 4th Saturday Old Time Jam. All players & lovers of old-time Appalachian music are welcome to join! 4pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Zach Lambert. 5pm
- The Rose Room: Grand RE Opening (Now in RR Sq). Welcome to our Rose Room... Come see how much we bloomed! WE have so much to show you... The Rose Review will leave you begging for more... with 2 amazing shows @9 and 11 followed by our very own burlesque troop @midnight ... This is a themed night Pride month so come out and support these AMAZING performers and show so Love... 6pm/$10
- 926: Mason Pace, Cinema Stereo, Satin, Copyright Claim, and The Fetish. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Pat Puckett. 8pm/$5
- House of Music: Selwyn Birchwood. 8pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Pride Burlesque Show. Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque is back at your fav local theater Cap City Video Lounge! We have an amazing show planned for Pride month! We're here, we're queer, & we're gonna make you cheer! Enjoy our queer cuties, exquisite enbys, & bi-babes! You don't want to miss our Pride Burlesque Revue! Pride looks/outfits welcome & encouraged! Don't forget to tip your performers! 8pm/18+/masks required/$10 General Admission, $20 VIP Admission: Front row seating, $35 Celebration Special: Ticket & a personalized song from Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque!
- Fire Bettys: Live Band Karaoke. 8pm/free
- SoLook Tally (434 FAMU Way): Submersive Sounds Hip-Hop Showcase featuring Nu Skinny, Trem Sol, Ro-Thoro, Tokyo.Extraordinaire, Da Beast, and DJ Ryan Chargers. 9pm
- Common Ground Books: June CGB Movie Night: Paris is Burning. 9pm
- Bicycle House: Sunday Ride. Ride at 10:30 AM from Bicycle House. We will ride the Cascades trail to the St Marks trail and down to Wakulla station and return, about 31 miles. Ride speed is 12 to 14 mph, with periodic regroups. Vernon Bailey is the ride leader. Vernon is a new CCC member who’s been biking for 50 years enjoys riding with small groups and weekend touring. 10am
- Gamescape: Pokémon League. Come learn, play, and trade with the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games! We LOVE seeing new players, so come learn how to play! We play both the Trading Card Game and the Video Game casually and competitively. The store offers lots of different seating arrangements to meet our group's needs, as well as food, drinks, and Pokémon products for purchase. We are also hold regular, officially sanctioned tournaments for Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Competitions! 2-4pm
- Lake Tribe: Colby Scheib. 3pm
- House of Music: Songwriter Sunday. Songwriters of Tallahassee hosted by Rachel Hillman. Bring your original songs on Sunday - sign up is at 4:30. No Cover Songs please - this is an event celebrating original music. Accompanists and Bands Welcome - you must be able to set up within two minutes, so no crazy pedals or amp shenanigans. No Backing Tracks - Please find someone to play your song with you. 5pm
- The Plant: Open Jam. All instruments, all players welcome. 5pm-9pm
- House of Music: Perkins Street Pickers. 5pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Comedy Night. Come have some laughs with us on Sunday nights! If you are interested in participating in the show, reach out to [email protected] 7:30pm
- The Rose Room: Synful Sunday. 8pm
- Ology: Marauder’s Market. Noon
- Goodwood: Tomato Feastival 2023. Join us for our 2023 Tomato Feastival on Sunday, June 11 from 2-6 p.m. at Goodwood Museum & Gardens! Enjoy great food, live music, meeting our farmers, playing games, and of course, local tomatoes. 2pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Dominic Milner. BK’s SnowKone Factory is also here from 1-4 pm that day with their great selection of snow cone flavors and Dippin' Dots ice cream. The ice cream of the future of yesteryear! 3pm
- Just One More: Bingo. 5pm-6:30pm
- World of Beer: Corn Hole Night. 6pm
- American Legion Hall: Cha Cha - Weekly Lessons. 6:15pm/$5
- Hangar 38: Bingo. 6:45pm
- Vino Beano: Tipsy Trivia. 7pm
- The Rose Room: Karaoke Night. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Shanice Richards Happy Hour! 5pm
- World of Beer: Poker Night. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Drag Bingo and Open Stage Night ft. Britney T. Foxx! 6pm
- Oyster City Brewing Company: Tuesday Night Beer-go! 6pm
- The Rose Room: Queer Dinner and a Movie! 6pm
- Crafty Crab: BOOMIN' Karaoke. 7pm
- Gamescape: Hobby Night. Slay the grey together! Join your fellow gamers and turn your pile of grey miniatures into a battle ready army. Need some painting tips? Feel free to ask at hobby night. You can bring any miniature for any game to paint. 7pm
- Ology Midtown: Jazz Jam Sessions. 7pm
- Island Wings: Trivia. 7pm
- House of Music: Tuesday Trivia & Karaoke. 7pm
- Burrito Boarder: Karaoke with DJ Roldus. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Bluesday Tuesday with Bill Ricci. Every Tuesday is Blues Day @ the Blue Tavern and Blues Meets Girl is a Tallahassee favorite. This perfect, intimate venue provides just what you need for both a mid-week break and authentic blues music experience. 8pm/$5
- 4th Quarter: Professor Jim's Tuesday Night Trivia. Popular for a reason! 8pm
- Argonaut Coffee: Trivia Tuesday. 8pm
- 926: Tacos and Trivia. 9pm
- Fire Betty’s: Comedy Show. 9pm/21+
- Cap City Video Lounge: Tallahassee Filmmaker Meeting. Join us at Cap City Video Lounge to pitch and discuss coming film ideas and video projects, both currently in production or in the pre-production stages! Please bring your work and ideas via links, thumb drives, or discs so that we can showcase it on the big screen in the Cap City Video Lounge's Fantomas Theatre! (Trailers and Shorts only, please!) No experience is necessary to join, but a small $5 admission fee will go towards our wonderful meeting location to continue supporting the passion of movie making in the local community! Please invite local actors, crew members, and film enthusiasts to join us on Tuesday, June 13th! We will be returning to an itinerary for our meetings starting in July that will help amp you guys up for the next 48 hour competition in November! Tickets for the 48 Hour Film Festival Premiere from this past month are available for purchase in person or over the phone! Hope to see you there! 7:30pm
- Rose Room: Women's Wednesday. Featuring Our Rose Roulettes and drink specials all night long. A night for all of our female-identifying friends to enjoy a safe space and an awesome happy hour! 6pm-2am
- Blue Tavern: The Wednesday Night Lab Session. 5pm
- Sugar and Spice Tally: Game Night. Join us every Wednesday Night for community game night. Bring your own or use ours! Let me know if you need to reserve space for a large group. Free to attend! 5pm
- Tara Angel’s Magic: D&D Experience - Adult (18+) Group. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition - Candlekeep Mysteries. A one-shot is a D&D event that starts and finishes in the same session, typically lasting 3 - 4 hours. We have pre-generated characters for players to choose from. WHAT TO BRING: Pencils, Dice (can be purchased in store), Mask (encouraged for unvaccinated participants), Enthusiasm! Please sign up in advance to reserve a spot in this campaign. Tickets can be purchased in-store, over the phone, or on the website. For more information, please email [email protected], or call: (850) 878-4555 6pm-9pm
- Goodwood: Wonderful Wednesday. 6pm/$5
- Level 8 Rooftop Lounge: Trivia. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Open Game Night. 6pm/free
- American Legion Hall: Sue Boyd Country Western and More Dance Class. Session 2 - Beginner 6:30 to 7:45 pm What: East Coast Swing and Waltz. Cost: $8.00 per person. Wear comfortable shoes you can turn in. 7:45 to 8:15 - Practice dance with paid admission. 8:15 to 9:30: Intermediate - 2 Step and WCS. $8.00 per person or $13.00 for both classes. Vaccines are required. Face masks are optional. Changing partners is optional. 6:30pm
- Perry Lynn’s Smokehouse in Quincy: Wed Night Open Mic w/ Steven Ritter and Friends. 6:30pm
- Hangar 38: Trivia. 6:45pm
- Oyster City Brewing Tallahassee: Trivia. Teams up to 6 players for three rounds with 10 questions and a tie breaker each round. Winners are by round so don’t worry if you need to come late or can’t stay the whole time! Prizes include a round of beer, a 6 pack and a gift card! 7pm
- Proof: Trivia. 7pm
- Vino Beano: Wine Bingo. 7pm
- Fermentation Lounge: Trivia. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Wednesday Open Mic with Doc Russell. The open mic night that has run continuously for almost 20 years, once housed at the Warehouse, lives on at the Blue Tavern. Doc Russell continues as the host with the most. Sign up starts at 7:45pm/free to attend
- House of Music: Bar Bingo! Free to Play & Late Night Karaoke. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: MidWeek KARAOKE! 7pm
- Fire Betty’s: Karaoke! 8pm/21+/free
- Dukes and Dotties: College Night and Line Dancing Lessons. 8pm
- The Bark: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 9pm
- World of Beer: Karaoke with DJ Cowboy. 9pm
- 926: Dragged Out Wednesday. 10pm
- 926: Normalizing Hate: A Difficult Discussion on LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida. Gay-owned Junnier Law & Research P.A. is presenting "A Law & Your Rights Hour" discussion on "Normalizing Hatred: An Uncomfortable Discussion About LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida" at 926 Bar & Grill to talk about the government clawback of LGBTQ+ rights in Florida. We will informally discuss LGBTQ+ current events and how they affect our identity as a group and as individuals. Talk leads to anger, anger leads to planning, planning leads to action--Let's turn Anger into Action! 7pm
- Square Mug: Ahleuchatistas (feat. Trevor Dunn of Mr. Bungle/Fantômas) with Frogs Dogs and Cowl. 7pm
submitted by clearliquidclearjar
to Tallahassee [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 14:17 LisaHouseofTreasures Vintage Takahashi Porcelain Floral Cat Kitty Teapot w/Paw Spout Made in Japan
2023.06.08 10:55 Miserable_Bag_7440 Kawaii Cat Ramen Shirt, Anime Vintage Tee Tops Unisex Hoodie9tee0605 - Sportablezone
submitted by Miserable_Bag_7440 to u/Miserable_Bag_7440 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 10:01 Dreamer352 They Were Looking
John was bored one night and decided to get to work on something. He didn't know what exactly to do, so he decided to write a story since writing was one of his hobbies. However, John was so bored that he didn't even know what to write about, so that's when he gave up and went right back to bed staring at his vinyl record copy of The Best of Bread resting on his turntable. He was too lazy to at least make an attempt to drop the needle on the record and listen to some music. Instead, he just stared at the ceiling desperately wanting to do something great, but lacking the energy and motivation to do so; he needed some kind of incentive... John suddenly jolted not realizing that he had dosed off, so he decided to call it a night and close his eyes for good till morning. It was 12:37am...
Twisting, turning, and mumbling, John finally woke up not feeling too well, but it was only 2:00am. He stumbled to the bathroom like a blind drunk man to pee and wash his face. He was cold and shivering like a worried puppy trying to shake off the unpleasant dream that he woke from. After he washes his hands, he stares at himself in the mirror recalling the dream he just had...
A white middle aged man was mowing a lawn. The lawn looked like a small version of John's childhood home in Jonesborough Tennessee. The man was wearing a beige straw hat and had a smirk on his face while constantly wiping his sweat. There was no one else around, just the man mowing the lawn. There was something cold and unwelcoming about the lawn mowing man's presence. He never made eye contact with John, yet John felt as though he was looking at him. "But how?" John whispered to himself... The more John wondered that question to himself, the more hostile the presence of the lawnmowing man became. Still, the man never batted an eye at John, but gave the feeling as though he knew everything about John and was watching him like a Hawk... The lawn mowing man's smirk grew larger, more sweat began to pour from his face as he violently swatted his hands across his sunburnt forehead... Suddenly the ambience became louder and louder which resembled a chaotic orchestral crescendo and...
John suddenly snaps back to reality while still gazing at himself in the mirror; he smirks and tries to laugh the dream away, but there was just something so unsettling about the dream that words just couldn't describe. John desperately wanted to forget about the dream and was too scared to go back to bed fearing that the dream may reappear. He gets back in bed and stares at the ceiling once again but accidentally doses off...
John finally sleeps well until morning when he wakes up to briefly eat some cereal and then gets back in bed realizing he doesn't work on Saturdays... It was dark and raining, but no thunder or lighting, just rain. John hears the sound of a lawnmower revving. It comes in and out of audible range. He rolls out of bed like lazy lion and peeks out of the window only to see the lawnmowing man once again. This time however, the lawnmowing man waves with a normal looking smile on his face while politely hollering, "Hi John! How are ya?"
John suddenly springs upward on his bed like a petrified deer unable to move and process what's going on! "Oh crap, it's 2:00pm!" John says to himself feeling like the end of the world is at hand. John's mind slowly starts to wake up as he begins to relax remembering that he doesn't work on Saturdays. But nothing seemed to be able to ease him away from that dreadful dream. Nothing he did could shake that feeling off, it was almost as though the dream really did happen in some unearthly dimension or realm that the human spirit goes to while slumbering... But there it was again, the sound of the lawnmower slowly going in and out of audible range... John chuckles realizing that the active lawnmowing team outside was the reason he dreamed of a lawnmower in his dream... But what about the first dream? he thought to himself...
It was a beautiful sunny day and John wanted to take advantage of the day while also hoping to forget about the unpleasant dream he had. He ate a quick meal and dressed himself for an adventure to the grocery store. He had to pee before leaving, so he went to the bathroom to take care of business... While washing his hands, he stares at himself in the mirror and chuckles again trying to convince himself that it was just a normal dream. "It was literally just a dream about a man mowing the lawn, I mean how is that scary?" he said. "I mean, maybe I was feeling a little sick and that's why such a normal dream felt so terrifying. Oh well, it's normal. Let's go get some groceries and ice cream so that I can focus on that story I want to try to write this time tonight!"
John hits the road in his silver 2012 Mustang leaving nothing but dust and bad bad dreams behind. As he's driving through a suburban area, he notices a man in a beige straw hat mowing their lawn... John chuckles and says, "Haha, see? Totally normal!" John finally arrives at the local grocery store... John parks his Mustang when the sky suddenly turns grey as rush of pale clouds dim the skies. The grocery store looked rather ghostly and depressing. There were many old looking cars that resembled a 2002 Toyota Camry, some with rusting canopies and dirty hubcaps. Out in the distance of the lot, there was a lawnmowing team truck branded with a decal that read Straw Hat Lawncare...
John made his way into the the grocery store and felt a bitter welcome from everyone inside. Nobody glanced at John. Everyone in the store looked like depressed fish passing by each other. There was a Hispanic family talking Spanish. The father was wearing a green jersey and the mother was sporting a pink sweater with grey sweatpants. Their kids were following along while randomly touching items. John was Hispanic as well, but felt no connection around this family. That's when John started to notice that nobody made eye contact with him, even when he said "excuse me" to reach for something. Not the employees, not the local sheriff, not the old lady looking at flowers, nobody... Not that John wanted to be looked at or noticed, but there was something odd about this, almost as if everybody was purposefully told not to make any kind of contact with him. It was a feeling that was hard to explain.
John quickly grabs some groceries to rush over to checkout to test if the cashier would at least say hello or something. But to John's disappointment, the cashier did not even greet John when he set his items down on the checkout countertop. The conveyor belt squeaks every time it moves; it's movement seems so lifeless, just like the cashier... Still, no eye contact whatsoever, not even if he tried to make conversation. The cashier just looked down the whole time. John started to panic inside, something just didn't feel right. It's not all in my head! John thought to himself... John grabs his groceries and heads for the exit when he notices a dirty looking man wearing beige straw hat smoking a cigarette. This man happened to be the only person that glanced at John, but it wasn't a pleasant glance. The man had a grim look on his face... John started to get the feeling that everybody was on to him, and that even the people who were ignoring him were actually very aware of his presence.
John was a good guy, not a saint, but a good-hearted person. He's never caused any harm to anyone and has always been a respectful gentlemen. But why? Why does it feel like these people hate me for no reason? John thought to himself again. Although John was physically being ignored, he got the feeling that everybody was actually looking at him... John quickly paces towards his Mustang. His heart throbbing, muscles tightening, jaw clenching, head aching; John starts his car and glances around. He looks out his right window and sees the dull grocery store. He looks straight ahead and sees the lawnmowing team truck. He looks to his left and sees a man with a beige straw hat right next to the window. The man knocks looking like he was begging for money. John being good hearted lowers the window but the man speaks before John could do anything, "Your back tire is flat!" The man kept repeating the same phrase over and over as if having a flat tire was bad luck. The man reeked of whiskey and tabaco, he had no front teeth and looked like he was wired on methamphetamine or something. "Come on out here and look!" the man exclaimed. "That tire's lookin bad man, you gotta get that fixed. You got one of them spares?" "Yeah, I got a spare." John said. "I got this, don't worry about me." "OF COURSE I'm gon worry bout you brother, that's what we do round here!"
The man starts telling a story about his brother Phil who had a flat tire because he was being shot at by some thugs. The man's story seems to go on forever and John starts to tune out. John glances out in the distance over the man's shoulder; the man's voice begins to get muddled as John focuses on someone getting out of the lawnmowing team truck in the distance. His heart starts to race when he sees another man with a beige straw hat stepping out of the car, except this time, John felt a very hostile vibration. The man in the distance puffed a cloud of smoke when he quickly glanced towards John's way with an evil look on his face... John looks behind and sees another man with a beige straw hat just like the one from his dream. Oddly enough, this man waved and shouted, "Hello! Need some help?"
John's heart started to pound and he almost felt like fainting. Maybe it's just my anxiety. "I've got to go!" John told the whiskey breathed man and cranked on his Mustang. He peeled out of the parking lot like a rabbit fearing for it's life. He could still hear the whiskey breathed man crying, "Hey man! I just wanted to help!" The whiskey breathed man kept crying, "I just wanted to help man! I JUST WANTED TO HELP!!" Tears rolling down his face, down his now sad face, "I just wanted to help you DOOD!! Why? WHY this gotta happen to me man? WHY! Why man? Come on! I JUST WANTED TO HELP!! I just wanted to help! Ahh!! AHHH!!!"
John finally arrived back home and hurried out of his car into his house... Suddenly everything was quiet... Too quiet... Finally, peace. I just have to rest and forget about that dream I had. It's ok, that whiskey breathed man was just really high on meth, he didn't hurt me. I was just really freaked out, that's all. I hope that man will be alright. I feel kind of bad, I didn't want to leave him there all alone. He looked like he was a hurting man, could've used a little company. No, what am I thinking? He was just high. Why should I trust some random meth-head like that? Awe, he's alright. He's cool... I'm tired now, I'm just going to relax and see if I can start that story! Yeah, that'll cheer me up! It's just life, weird stuff happens! But what about... No, forget it... But why was I seeing men with beige straw hats all day like the man in my dream? Nah, I'm overthinking, it was just a hot sunny day today, duh... But what about all of those grim looking people at the store? I felt like they were on to me, like they were all in on it. Oh crap! Maybe they know about my dream! No way, that's not possible... But what if dreams really are connected to real-life? I mean, it's part of life after all... Nah, that's too weird, it's all in my head...
Suddenly, the sound of a 4-stroke engine starts revving... Grass? At this time? It's late evening. John crawls over to his window and sees a man in a beige straw hat cutting the neighbors lawn... "Ahh!!" John jolts upwards biting his nails. He crawls back to his bed and tries to once again justify what's happening... Suddenly, he smells cigarette smoke. "What's that smell?" he says... He slowly glances at a dirty light blue uniform and before he could make out what it is, a raspy voice 'declares, "WE"RE WATCHING YOU..." Another voice says, "WE'RE LOOKING AT YOU, HAPPY NOW?" Another voice answers that one, "LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO DALE JERK! AH HAHA!" "YEAH, YOU'RE SO MEAN FOR LEAVING HIM BEHIND!" "DALE ERA UN BUEN HOMBRE..." Said a Spanish voice...
John slowly looked up and saw an extremely pale faced version of the cashier from the grocery store and still not making eye contact, but three inches away from John saying, "Hi honey, how are ya?" and then repeats the phrase over again, "I SAID HOW ARE YA HONEY? WHAT, CAT GOTCHA TONGUE? WELL I'LL FEED IT TO MUH CATS WHEN I GET HOME THEN! BET CHU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO HELP OUT DALE WITH A LITTLE BIT OF FOOD, DO YA?" She kept shouting at John three inches away while still not making eye contact. "SO? HOW YA DOING HONEY? FIND EVERYTHING YA NEED? HAHAHAHA! YOU SU................
John wakes up again... It's 2:00am. Everything is quiet. Desperately trying to forget the bad dreams and the strange day at the grocery store, he finally decides to drop the needle on the Best of Bread vinyl record. The music is soothing. He begins to drift into slumber once again.
John sleeps in and wakes up at 2:00pm on Sunday, he doesn't work on Sunday's either. John realizes he never got the groceries that he actually needed, so he makes his way to the grocery store once again. on another sunny day. He pulls into the parking lot, but this time they sky stays sunny and blue. The lawn mowing team truck is gone. John makes his way inside the grocery store. This time, a jolly old man greets him as he walks in. "How are you doing young man?" Says the old man. "Fine, thank you." John replies. Today, everybody was acknowledging John and making him feel welcome. Lots of smiles and hellos. There was even another Hispanic family who smiled at John while crossing paths. Even the children seemed happy. Hmm, too suspicious. It's almost like they're watching me and know what happened yesterday.
John grabbed all the items he needed and headed for checkout. He approached the counter and was greeted by the same cashier from last time. This time she actually speaks to John... "Hey honey, how are ya?" Says the cashier with a cute smile. "Great, how are you? John replies. "Oh honey, I had such a busy day yesterday! First I had to go see my doctor because of my back pain, then my car ran out of gas and I had to tell my hubby to help me out. Then he starts going off on me about how these lawn mowing guys woke him up at 5 in the mornin' and I told him, honey, they just doin' they job. Oh honey, today is much better, it's a beautiful day and my back feels better." Something about this doesn't seem right... She knows... She knows and she's playing around with me... Everybody is... No, I'm just being paranoid. Forget it, today is a great day!
John makes his way back to his mustang with a kart full of groceries... "HEY DOOD!!" suddenly screams the whiskey breathed man from behind. "Whoa man, you scared me!" Says John. "Oh I'm sorry man, didn't mean to startle ya.. Hey, I noticed you got a spare tire now. Good job buddy! Hey listen man, I'm feeling happy today a.. a.. and I just want to give you my hat!" John looks at the beige straw hat... "Are you sure?" John asks. "Yeah man, go on and take it, it's time I let go of somethings in life. I'm trying to start a new life man and stay away from theses drugs out here man. You go on an take it, it has good luck man!" John accepts and takes the hat. The man smiles. John smiles. "Hey I'll see ya later DOOD!"
It's 12:37am and John is staring at the beige straw hat that the whiskey breathed man gave him... John lugged out his vintage 1970's typewriter and was finally in the mood to write. He knew what he wanted to start with, but just right before he was about to type the letter L with his ring finger, the sound of a 4-stroke engine starts revving...
WERE LOOKING AT YOU. WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. HOW YA DOING HONEY?
submitted by Dreamer352
to scarystories [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 05:05 tea-likethedrink Help!!!!!
My absolute favorite color is green (neon, emerald, forest, to give you a clue...NO FUCKING OLIVE!!!)...and I'm not exactly a girly girl...still I see all these awesome gamer girl setups and see my plain, boring, white desk I want to replace, plain desk I want to decorate past the green dragon egg lamp I want to get and the stone-carved animals I plan to get...but I can't find anything else...at least not on any site I know of...I love Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn...sort of grew up with Final Fantasy (7 was the first I played at 14 [born in 88])...love Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart...glass figurines...stone figurines...I'm not much of a fan of pink or purple or, well, I truly apologize, but the stereotypical girl things. None of us are stereotypical girls...but pink...purple...Sailor Moon...Cat Ears...just...there is nothing wrong with any of that if you are not me...I am not that girl (not bashing if you are...seriously...live up to and rock that shit)...I don't know where to even begin looking for anything I would be interested in (Shonen vs shojo, fantasy vs shooter, pve only)...I grew up with DragonBall and Digimon. The first ever game I played was Tetris. The first ever mmo I played was Perfect World International...I seriously envy how you all have setups that just exude everything that you love about gaming while I honestly can't find anything to meet my aesthetic without being a PopIt (which I really don't want to do)...idk...maybe I'm too picky because I am super oriented on color (thank you AuDHD)...maybe I just can't find a site to get what I'm searching for. I don't know...im just really envious of a lot of your setups and how cute they are, but am not the kind of girl who enjoys white and pink and purple...I love black and green...and girly things to an extent...I just want a gaming station as awesome as I see on here...but I also have such a specific aesthetic due to my need for everything to coordinate (preferably to neon or emerald/forest green)...I envy you guys...I don't know how to be a gamer girl because I grew up in a time where everyone just casually glossed over the fact that I was 19 (born 88) and made it to the Stairway to Heaven on either PacMan or Pinball...I was drunk, and if you know, you know....think it might have been Mrs. PacMan...idk...either way...I want green and black decor to make my gaming area mine...a haven of pretty colors that relaxes me while adding to the room in its entirety since my desk is in the living room...this is a tall, confusing order to ask, and I really, truly apologize...
submitted by tea-likethedrink
to GirlGamers [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 04:47 Natural_Ordinary8293 I'm in love with my boss...part two
So a lot of people are being very mean about my first post so I figured I'd clear things up. My boss we will call him Ian. Well Ian and I have been friends since I started working there. We would playfully talk $hit on each other and go back and forth with witty banter. One day I said I wanted my tongue pierced and he said "do it! Don't be a b*tch!" I laughed and asked him how I would go about piercing my own tongue. He said " you're a boss, you can do it! Do it!"
I would watch him tattoo in-between my appointments because he is amazing! His work is award winning. But I would sit there and pick on him "Ian...those lines are $hit"
Idk if anyone has ever worked in a shop, but that is the way we are. Every shop I have ever worked at there has always been shop banter.
We developed a fun back and forth, it was never inappropriate, and always just ragging on each other. We had 5 other women that worked there and 2 other men. Out of the 9 of us I was the only piercer and there were 5 tattoo artists and 3 apprentices. I guess I would kind have been considered Ian's apprentice.
About two months into me working at the shop Ian's wife Melissa came in and pulled all the women into the back office. Mind you Melissa has nothing to do with the shop, she is just Ian's wife. She told all the girls that we were to not wear low cut shirts anymore, we were also not allowed to wear shorts or show off our tattoos. She also told me I was no longer allowed to pierce anything under underwear (bras and bottoms) so there went 50% of my buisness. She also told all the tattooists that they were not to tattoo under clothing. Arms and legs only. She also told them they were not allowed to tattoo any religious tattoos other than Christian ideology. No Hindu, no Muslim, no Satanism.
We were told they were not allowed to pierce or tattoo LGBTQ people. This was hard for me as I am a member of that group.
A couple days later she had Ian pull me aside privately and had him address the fact that I didn't wear a bra (none of the other girls did either), she also told him that I needed to take my dreads out. I kindly told him I would not be wearing a bra and I would not be taking my dreads out. As they are a part of me. And I am very attached to them. He told me he understands and he wouldn't normally ask that of anyone but Melissa was having a fit because I didn't look professional. Now if you have ever been to a tattoo shop, you would know I fit in very well. But his wife is not alternative, she is preppy, and acts better than alt people. Ian told me he enjoyed the diversity of his shop and she was trying to make us all uniform. He told me he didn't expect me to change myself and apologized that he even had to address those things.
Then over the next year Ian and I became closer than ever. He told me he was a recovering herion addict. (I'm also in recovery) told me that he was having a hard time and he needed someone to talk to, so I offered to be his peer support. He would text me if he felt like using, he would confide in me when he felt low.
He was also there for me when I got out of my abusive relationship. One night my ex strangled me until I passed out. I woke up and he was gone. I called the cops and they asked me if I had somewhere safe to go for the night. So I called Ian and had him unlock the shop for me. I came in and he was there. He saw the marks on my neck and freaked out. Asked me if I was okay and I started to cry. I have PTSD so I basically had a panic attack. He was trying to comfort me and hugged me and just held me for a moment. He told me it was going to be okay and I could stay at the shop until my ex was caught. So I stayed at the shop which has heavy security.
When my ex was finally caught Ian threw a party at the shop for me, got a cake that said "fCK that prCK" the other girls got me some presents (cat brass knuckles, pepper spray, things like that) and the guys decorated with balloons and streamers. We hung out and I enjoyed the relief of knowing my ex was behind bars. He is not serving 3 years in prison for felony strangulation.
Through all of this Ian and I grew closer together. We never even talked about anything romantic. Never talked about his relationship with his wife or mine with my ex. Until one day he came in very sad and told me his wife wanted him to fire me and two other girls because we were so different. He said he wasn't going to but he admitted that she stresses him out because she is so judgemental about alt people. Particularly women. She believes women should be feminine and soft, untatooed and only have their ears pierced. He told me it bothered him because he was alt. I asked why he married someone so different from him and he said "I loved her and she got me straight when I was f*cked up" I told him I can understand that and asked him if he wanted me to leave. He said no. told me I was the best piercer he has ever had and I'm not going anywhere.
Then we come to today. I went into the shop to tell him I was leaving. I heard from a female coworker that Melissa had cheated on Ian with a cop who frequented the shop. About an hour later Ian made an announcement that he would be taking a break from tattooing because his wife had filed for divorce, he needed to move because she was moving her boyfriend in. He told us all he was very sorry but told us to conduct buisness as usual. After his speech I pulled him into the boiler room (the only room that is occupied by a artist) and I told him I had to leave. He asked me why. And I told him I had to. He asked me not to go and told me he needed me there. I told him I had to go because I had developed feelings for him and it wasn't healthy for me to be in that position. He said he understood and told me he would call around and get me into another 5 star shop. I thanked him and he told me he had been fighting it for a while but he had feelings for me as well, and he had told me that when the divorce went through he wanted to take me to dinner. I told him that we should give it time, as he was planning on going to therapy and getting his head right after what Melissa had done.
So I told him that when he was ready I would be there, and he hugged me and I left. I go back tomorrow to empty out my station as all the supplies and decorations are mine. I already have a job lined up at another very good shop. I start there on Friday. .
At first it was his looks that attracted me, he is heavily tattooed, very fit, very tall, pierced, has chocolate brown hair and crystal blue eyes. He is beautiful. But then after a year and a half of working with him I realized he is caring, kind, generous, honest, genuine, and an all around great person. I didn't fall in love with him quickly. I didn't even know I was falling in love with him. It was slow and crept up on me. I got to know who he truly is and I love every bit of him. And no matter what he chooses I will be there for him. He is first and foremost my friend. And that will never change.
So that's my "home wrecker" story. Since y'all want to call me a home wrecker there is the whole thing. Never once have Ian and I crossed a line and never once before me quitting have I ever hinted to having feelings for him. I told him because I felt he deserved honesty, especially after his wife lying to him for months. He deserves nothing more that my utmost respect and so that's what I will give him.
Have a good night, I will update tomorrow when I see him again to clean out my station.
submitted by Natural_Ordinary8293
to u/Natural_Ordinary8293 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 04:26 Yarbles The Official Report of the May RVA Reddit (no we haven't) Bookclub
It was a fine day in May and we pulled up and talked about some books. We covered Blitz by Daniel O'Malley
and, because it was recently Mother's Day, I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
. And we spent way more time on them than we usually do, so we must have liked them. Quite a few people read the Blitz. Incorrigible_muffin had previously covered it, but was disappointed in the a payoff, and said the two story lines didn't really resolve. Aurora_the_Off-White said that she liked it, but agreed that it wasn't on the same level as the first two.
She said that Blitz could have a strong philosophical payoff even if the storylines didn't have an strong resolution. If someone read Blitz by itself without the first two novels, they might enjoy it more. Carbonjen thought there was a lot to like about the writer, saying he writes women well. Muffin said there were a lot of interesting possibilities in the world he created. The author covers the British and American versions of supernatural bureaus, but there were many of these throughout the world.
We talked about the story's structure. The main character's lost memory lets the author explain the supernatural elements in detail and do the worldbuilding without any distracting exposition. Munsontime had a thought, asking if it was technically the same person in the body or a completely new personality that developed after the wiped memory. If a personality is a product of the experiences and memories the person accumulates, then it's probably a different person.
Munson blitzed through the first two and is currently on the third. He was surprised at the spelling of the main character's name, Myfanwy Thomas, having listened to the audiobook. I was surprised and a little disappointed that the pronunciation is just "Miffany". Princess_MoNaanKay stopped by to return the first book int the The Checquy Files, The Rook
that I had lent out. I thought she was returning it specifically because we were reading The Blitz, but she said she's decided to see other bookclubs. So we just need to move on and live our best bookclub life and hope she finds happiness.
Jennette McCurdy was apparently in a show called iCarly
. I had never seen it or heard of it, so I think I missed a lot of context from the book. Everyone else in our group really liked the book - finding it insightful and funny. Most people agreed that the things the author's mom did stood out, and so did the actions of Dan Schneider
, who was the creator of iCarly. But she didn't go into that in depth. Muffin said the system that pipelines kids into the entertainment business is fundamentally responsible for many of these abusive situations, and the actions of the mom are a product of that. Aurora thought that the author used humor to cope with loss and grief.
We talked about long wait times for getting books from the library. Carbonjen actually bought Tender Is the Flesh
by Agustina Bazterrica because she was not optimistic about it becoming available through the library. She didn't have as many spicy romance recommendations as last time, but did have a couple. She thought Pestilence by Laura Thalassa
was good and a fun concept. It's the first of The Four Horsemen series; a romance involving the four horseman of the apocalypse.
She liked The Siren
a lot less. I think this was the one by Kiera Cass. Apparently the characters said the word "fishcunt" too many times and it became grating. She also didn't like how a lot of the characters in A Court of Thorns and Roses
were developed in the story. She mentioned Brutal Prince only to say it was brutally bad, and is reading Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
and liking. And that makes Muffin happy.
Sassypapaya recently read Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
, which is very popular around these parts. I think she said she read The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
, and may have had good things to say about Lightlark by Alex Aster
, or that may have been someone else. She was too far away from me for me to follow the conversation from that side of the circle very well. She asked about Verity by Colleen Hoover
and Muffin said that Colleen Hoover was a step up from Stephanie Meyer.
Munson and his friends have a rule for their bookclub: you can't use the term "Beautiful Prose". But if
he was forced to provide an example of beautiful prose, then he might
use it when talking about Another Country by James Baldwin
. He described it as "Kerouacky" - intimate and sexual especially for 1961. It's about the Jazz scene in NY in the 60s, with themes of race, gender, and sexual orientation in its cultural context. A slice of life story in the gay, black, jazz scene in New York. The Trial of Henry Kissinger by Christopher Hitchens
is next for his other bookclub, Apparently Hank is bumping up against age 100. It was estimated that his cold-blooded policy directives are responsible for 4 or 5 million deaths. We talked briefly about Red Rising by Pierce Brown
, which was the biggest book in the world for a minute. Munson said that, as a sci fi guy, he had already read many similar stories before and it just wasn't a big deal for him.
Assaulty recently read American War by Omar Al Akkad
, and talked about how people end up on different sides of a conflict. Many times people don't have a choice about which side they end up on, and American War addresses some of these themes. She asked for more like this book. Asterion7 suggested Paolo Bacigulupi works such as The Water Knife
, which are near future works with major themes of climate catastrophe. For this kind of thing I always recommend Afterwar by Lilith Saintcrow
. Saintcrow a romance writer and I was really surprised by this book. It's gritty and hard, and a little spicy but not romantic.
Assaulty also read Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
and likes reading about creative partnerships like this. She told us about Nevada by Imogen Binnie
, which is one of the inspirations for Detransition Baby by Torrey Peters
; This Is How You Lose the Time War
by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone; and The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
, the first book of the Night Angel trilogy.
Muffin told us about The House of Eve by Sadeqa Johnson
, the next book after the The Yellow Wife
, which features Lumpkin's Jail. The House of Eve takes place in DC and Philly and ties in with the events of the first boo., The author will be giving a talk on June 8th at the Library of Virginia
, and Muffin wanted to read this before seeing the author.
Please join us for a talk by award-winning author Sadeqa Johnson on her new novel, The House of Eve, the follow-up to her book Yellow Wife, which won the Library’s 2022 People’s Choice Award for Fiction. In this moving work of historical fiction set in 1950s Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., the stories of two women collide in unexpected ways as they both make decisions that shape the trajectory of their lives. The House of Eve was an instant New York Times best seller and was selected by Reese’s Book Club as the February 2023 pick. A book signing will follow the talk.
The Carole Weinstein Author Series supports the literary arts by bringing both new and well-known authors to the Library of Virginia through online or in-person events. Free and open to the public, the series focuses on Virginia.
Coconut read the second book in the Great Cities series by N.K. Jemisin called the The World We Make
. Asterion7 picked up Trust by Herman Diaz
, a Pulitzer prize winner. He also read We Are All the Same in the Dark
by Julia Heaberlin and liked it enough to finish it, but not much more than that.
assaulty is looking for a gateway to Sci Fi, and asked about the distinction between Sci Fi and Fantasy. However many people there are in the room, that's the number of different opinions you're likely to hear at any given time. Some say it's magic versus technology. If Sci Fi doesn't have magic, what about Star Wars and force lightning from those Sith guys? So maybe Star Wars is actually Fantasy and Star Trek is Sci Fi. But what about wormholes and different dimensions and the super annoying character Q? It's a subject worth exploring, but there might not be an answer. To me those are just two different themes with strong aesthetic styling.
Assaulty may have read Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
or it might have just been recommended to her because she is interested in Sci Fi and liked The American War. Skyvrbyvr loved Octavia Butler's Kindred
giving it 5 stars. She says it's not just beautiful prose: she respects that Butler is not afraid to create gruff and real people - characters that are somewhat unlikable but somehow still relatable.
Aurora had a huge list of completions and I have no idea if these are all hers or not. But this month she read a bunch of first books across several series. I think heard Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
; Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams
the first of the The Dragonbone Chair series (I think she deemed it meh); Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
also caught a meh; and Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
, the first of the Gentleman Bastards series.
The last one generated a lot of interest as a lot of us have read it and really liked it. Like The Checquy Files, the first book is fantastic and there are diminishing returns after that, though I haven't read the last two: The Republic of Thieves and The Thorn of Emberlain. Munson says that if you read Sanderson, then The Stormlight Archive
series is the way to go. Aurora also has Circe by Madeline Miller
on hold at the library.
We talked about a few books about music, I think all of these are from Munson, including Meet Me in the Bathroom by Lizzy Goodman
: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011; Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk
by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain; and Sing Backwards and Weep
, a memoir by the singer Mark Lanegan. We also talked a little about Nardwuar
, a music interviewer who is amazingly in-depth but often described as offputting.
Munson says he can sometimes be invasive and not enjoyable but agrees that he is talented. Nardwuar is likely autistic and we were informed that "neurospicy" is no longer acceptable. Obviously, I'm cool with someone else deciding what they find offensive and following their recommendations, but I wish we had something to pivot to. We talked about how the line between normies and nerurodivergents can be pretty thin and while gatekeeping mental health can be frustrating, it's also infuriating that people resist any accommodation for neurodivergent people.
I knocked off a few books, including On a Night of A Thousand Stars by Andrea Yaryura Clark
; Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata
, and Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins
. The last was comparable to Station Eleven in terms of quality and themes. The story wasn't as good, but the prose was pretty exceptional. The author was able to do some things I hadn't seen before. I'm reading The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
, The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
, and listening to a couple courses about Human Pre History, First Civilizations, and pre-Alexandrian Empires.
Apparently George RR Martin joined the writer's strike and is not writing anything, not that you could really tell. We talked about the 8th season of Game of Thrones, and how those two producers just ruined at least hundreds of millions of dollars in sales of DVDs, downloads, books, and comics. One of the most disastrous effects of incompetence on a brand I've ever seen.
We talked about Patrick Rothfus's Name of the Wind
and how the main character was a bit of a Mary Sue, but the narrator might have intentionally been portrayed as unreliable. Someone brought up Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits by Laila Lalami
, and we added The Moor's Account
as August's non-dorky read. Some of the guys don't want to me call it a Muggle book anymore, and would rather call it a regular book. Maybe we need to keep looking for the right term.
We talked about books with actual paper pages versus reading on a device or listening to audiobooks. Carbonjen says she prefers the Kindle Paperweight because her dogs chews up actual books. I read paper, epub, and listen in about equal proportions. I was listening to Dodge, or Fall in Hell and was not liking it, but started liking it better when I flipped to the epub version. Munson says he uses safari reader on his laptop and will set it to autoscroll. We also compared strategies for downsizing our libraries. Very few people keep every book they buy anymore, especially if you have moved your collection a couple times.
We talked about the St. James Muse, trails on the James, the resurgence in skating, and art classes at the VMFA and Visual Arts Studio. We also talked about all the pedestrians being hit by cars and how squaring street corners can slow cars down. Right now corners are rounded, encouraging cars to take them at speed. And how dash cams are an essential equipment for cars now. Chop Suey is now Shelf Life and Wonton is now "Wonny". But has retired and been replaced by two new cats, presumably who are earning much lower, entry-level wages.
Someone brought up BookTalk.org, saying they mostly got ass recommendations out of it. I've used https://www.whatshouldireadnext.com
and it isn't so
bad, but really isn't any better than Goodreads. I've used Shepherd
a couple of times, which can be really good if you're looking for exactly the type of book that has been covered in one of their lists, but it seems to only accept general categories. Coming Up on June 18 Coming Up on July 23
Coming Up on August 20
- Just pick a book in your To Be Read pile and tell us about it. We were lamenting the large backlog that each of each is carrying around and decided to just knock some of them out.
submitted by Yarbles
to rvaBookClub [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 02:56 Toastedtoastyyy Bought this at a yard sale a few years ago. Does any one know how old it is? I know nothing about fishing btw
2023.06.08 02:28 queenofthescreen [Thank You] Whaddya give a sick lemon? Lemon-aid. How did lemon greet lime? Sour you doing? What did papa pear tree say to his kid pear tree too afraid to grow his first fruit? Son, grow a pear. How do oranges do well in school? They concentrate. Usain bolt must be a fruit-have you seen that mango?
x 2 It was sooooo sweet of you to think of me with the pretty Monet flair congrats postcard!!!! Can’t wait for your flair dreams to come true too! Thank you for this super insanely adorable jungle-themed Wild About You V-Day card (arrived oddly late) and OMG WHAAAAAT?!? A MAGICAL MATCHING SHEET OF SWEEEEEEET STICKERS?!?! Is this witchcraft?!? I didn’t know that this type of card magic existed - it’s like you threw a party in a card, my sweet little unseenbowl. And even the interior of the envelope is all decked out in colorful hearts!!!! Solid color on one side but then this heart-tastic little secret just for my eyes only?!?!? Dude no one else gets to attend this party but me!!! And let’s do something about this you not being seen, because you’re honestly the cutest bowl I have NEVER seen but I want to see you. I see you, you sweet little bowl. I affirm your existence & your majesty! What kinda bowl are you anyway, sweetheart? A cereal bowl? An I’ll-eat-ramen-keto-be-damned kinda bowl that’s super deep & lets me soak my worries away? No matter what type of bowl you are, I wish for you to be seen & appreciated!!! u/omggallout
x 2 Thank you for the gorgeous watercolor floral card - such a stunning treat!!! I really like the artist’s talent in layering. I TOTALLY agree about the house thing - I feel the same way & wish we both had our dream houses now!! LOVE the gorgeous mint green crocheted butterfly - WOW!!! Your fine fiber arts skills are sooooo insanely impressive! Thank you for the stickers & the heartbreakingly adorable Winnie-the-Pooh postcard of Winnie gazing at himself in the mirror - I love it!!!! I really enjoyed the fun fact that the original Pooh was purchased at Harrods - I had no idea he was so flippin’ fancy!!! Wishing you a fabulously fancy spring & your dream home super soon, kind friend! u/MarineWife0922
x 3 So sweet of you to think of me with my ADORABLE flair congrats card!!! It’s sooo cute & totally my style - I LOVE vintage kid illustrations!!! It’s gorgeous - I’d love to know where I can find cards in the same set please!!!! Thanks also for the *adorable* “Thinking of You” cards with the cute illustrated girl & flowers! I LOVE how you wrote so much you didn’t leave any white space in the cards hahaha! Thanks for sharing your fun personality & quirky thoughts with me! I loved hearing how dance has been therapeutic for you - that’s so beautiful. The blue raspberries bit - LMAO!
Thank you for the awesome cryptic postcard with the fun mystery paint job & creepy cool sticker! So fun to see the strange get stranger & cooler by the card LOL!! u/clashvalley
Thank you for the sweet Night-Blooming Cereus card - and what a delight that there was no white space left with all your awesome words!!! Also love the sweet floral sticker, thank you!! I loved how much you taught me about faeries - wow, I knew nothing about them, & it was fascinating to learn! I’ll bet your essay is awesome & that the teacher loved your work. :) It made me giggle to learn about the faeries “who enjoy punishing humans” LOL!!! Wishing you only the pleasant faeries who gift you delicious custard creams & bless you!!! u/StrawberryForestLady
Thank you for the neat vintage cactus postcard & your kind thoughts - love the illustration. =) Wishing you a thorn-free spring! u/ninajyang
x 2 Thank you so much for the surprise birthday card with the beautiful gift of sweet stickers!!! I was so touched you thought of me. I wish I could describe the card more to sing its praises but I’m writing this from memory as I don’t have the card with me (apologies no pic of this one). You made me feel super loved with your encouraging words. I can only hope to inspire people as much as you have, darling soul!! Thank you for the cool In & Out retro illustrated ad postcard - I always stare adoringly at their retro pics in the restaurant! I also love the 8 billion fruity, vintage-y stamps you used!! =) Hope you’re having a sunny & sweet spring (more thank yous pending, Beautiful!) u/LadyLili13
x 2 Thank you for the gorgeous pastel postcards with the cool 3D effect of clouds & the super pretty sky!!! I loved hearing about your passion for Pathfinder. I’ve never played it before but now you have me so curious! Hearing about the character wedding making your sweet “heart sing” was so touching!! I just adore your sentimental heart! The stickers you included - OMG to-die-for. The dilapidated teddy bear sticker is my absolute fave!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me, you’re always so thoughtful, Darlin’!! Wishing you lots of joy as you continue to play your games! =) u/shipping_addict
Thank you for the gorgeous Yoshida postcard with the awesome crunchy salad recipe. BTW I did not deface the beautiful card with the black marker - I want to kill USPS. I honestly don’t understand what the heck they’re doing. OMG this salad is so my style & reminds me of my Blueberry Brainiac salad (will share it asap). Can’t wait to try it! u/scared_deerfox
x 3 Your beautiful, bouncy energy came roaring through your sweet envelope!! Thanks for the adorable card of the smooching bunny & baby chick!!! The stickers you used to decorate the card are so adorable too. You are SO deep - loved the way you responded to the bunny carrot nightmare prompt! Wow. Loved the analogy you used of the clouds & the blue sky. So sweet!!! I hope your friends & family appreciate your super kind, compassionate nature. Also love the Finding Nemo card & all the precious stickers you included. The smiling stars are just little dolls! I also love the mesmerizing Pacman Nebula postcard with the Chat GPT response to the prompt - that was so fun & surprisingly normal LOL!! I appreciate your kindnesses & hope that you have the most splendid spring full of fabulous flowers! u/Accomplished_Hope788
Thank you so much for the absolutely ADORABLE “You Make my Heart Beet” postcard of the illustrated beet & the pretty floral sticker! The card is so delightful - the happy vibes from you & the card are jumping out at me! I totally agree about Deja Vu - it’s totally an otherworldly experience & is both baffling & beautiful. u/BlacksmithEquivalent
x 2 Thank you so much for thinking of me with the beautiful birthday card with fun wishes & the San Diego postcard! Plllleaaaase no apologies for sending the wishes out late - in fact, it’s an awesome feeling to receive birthday greetings at random non-birthday days LOL! I really like the cute illustration of the turtle carrying the gifts. Adorable. Wow - I’ll bet living in super hip San Diego is a total treat. I wish I could leave my state for cooler weather & cooler things to do. Wishing you sunny serenity in San Diego! u/KeenEvergreen
Thank you for the ADORABLE Easter pickle card!!! Soooo insanely cute!!! It was fun to see a unique, bunny-less take on Easter lol! Love the stickers you used to decorate the envelope. It was also a sweet surprise to receive the Perennial seed mix - how neat, thank you! My niece will love using these this spring. =) Hope your spring is sweet & serene! u/Kuddledeadgirl
Thank you for having such a fun username which always makes me giggle hahaha! Thanks also for the lovely book recommendations on the scenic Michigan postcard! I highly recommend “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles - he’s a brilliant writer. Wishing you happy reads! u/cake-at-midnight
Thank you for the sweet thank you card - it was my pleasure to think of you on your birthday! The donkey sanctuary sounds so cool & peaceful! LOVED your hand-drawn orange flowers on the envelope & your gorgeous calligraphy of my name!!! Thanks also for the awesome stickers - the mail-themed ones especially speak to my heart! Hope you have a blast at your next sanctuary visit. :) u/retrorabbit79
Thank you for the hilarious bird insult postcard - “See you whenever the f%$& I come back to this sh#thole!” Hahaha, so appropriate to say to my dumb family! ;) u/lunatenchi_
Thank you so much for the super inspiring handmade “You can influence the world” card! Lilac is one of my favorite colors! It’s so peaceful. You decorated the card with such fun stickers. =) I just love the kindness affirmations you shared! Here are a few affirmations for you on one of my fave topics, creativity. “I effortlessly connect with the universe's boundless inventiveness.” “Every day, creative energy runs through me.” “The universe's creativity manifests itself through me.” “Fresh ideas are constantly flowing to me. I am overflowing with creative energy.” Wishing you creativity in all its forms, sweet friend! Also love the Finding Nemo card & all the precious stickers you included. The smiling stars are just little dolls! I also love the mesmerizing Pacman Nebula postcard with the Chat GPT response to the prompt - that was so fun & surprisingly normal LOL!! I appreciate your kindnesses & hope that you have the most splendid spring full of fabulous flowers! u/Chip-girl
I’m so in love with this adorable, awesome homemade fabulous fruit card!!! Smiling fruit just makes my day!! Your art is so gorgeous - I’m so happy you sent it to me!!! I really like the creative way you cut out the border surrounding the fruit - this is such a neat way to make a card instantly fancy! And the way you wrote my address on the envelope is simply stunning - it’s insanely impressive! Hope you have a gorgeous spring!! u/eccentric_bee
x 2 THANKS A MILLION for this absolutely stunning, super beautiful watercolor robot art card!!!! LOVE all the colors & the beautiful quote you wrote. I also love the size - so perfect. Leave it to you & your incredible talent to bring a robot to life!!! The expression on his face is so amazingly human it seems like he just can’t be a machine & that he actually has a beating heart! That kind of skill takes such a brilliant artist!! Thanks also for the super soothing watercolor plant art card!! These cards make me so very happy. Thank you for thinking of me - these beauties are going straight into my art journal!! Wishing you lots of joy & peace as you continue your amazing art work! u/Ohio_Geo
HAHAHA thank you for the hilarious “F#%& off” card with the quirky cool stickers/memo sheets & the “F” word wood cut-out LOL I can’t wait to send it to a lucky friend!!! Love your sense of humor!! Hope you “F&$% off” too! ;) u/specialist-chapter89
x 2 THIS GORGEOUS SHAKER BIRTHDAY CARD made my day!!!! THANK YOU!!! I'm so sorry I can't praise it more - long story but I don't have the card with me right now to thank you properly. I just recall it being a feast for the eyes - super pretty!! It really made my birthday so special to receive your warm sentiments & all the love you sent along with it!! I LOVE the handmade “Hello” card with the awesome quotes from Tusa- Karol G & Nicki Minaj & Flowers-Miley Cyrus! THANK YOU! I also love your elegant handwriting so much! Thanks also for the fun stickers! u/loopyboops707
Thank you for the super cute homemade EasteSpring card! So much energy & positive vibes coming at me, thank you!!! Love all the scrapbooking bits & fun stickers you used to decorate the bright card! Thanks also for the lovely stickers you included. Wishing you a glorious, gorgeous spring, sweet friend! u/GreetingCardShark
x 2 Thank you for the cute birthday cake card & the sweet wishes - I so appreciate your lovely thoughts!! Thank you so much also for thinking of me with the sweet “Hooray” card in honor of my new flair! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I also learned a lot from your card about how to jazz up card decorations - the yellow highlighting trick is soooo neat! It really looks like you sent me fireworks - I just love the effect!!! u/kimkimMRW
x 2 Thank you for the beautiful Andy Warhol postcards!!!! The Campbell’s Soup card is absolutely awesome - I love the colors!! The decorative “Lotus” stamp you used is also lovely! The way you decorated the envelope with the fun stickers & banana-themed washi is also super cool. :) Hilarious “I know where you live” sticker - hahahaha!! Love it. Wishing you an artsy, awesome spring, kind friend. u/GuestBathroom
Hahaha love your quirky username & your amazing handwriting - it’s PERFECT! Thank you so much for the gorgeous vintage stamp postcard. I love the way you decorated the card with all the fun vintage stamps! I also enjoyed hearing about your affinity for the color purple - it’s such a soothing, elegant color. I love how that color is associated with royalty. Wishing you a sweet spring with perfectly purple flowers! u/BirdieBennet
x 2 This. GORGEOUS! STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL “Birthday Loops” birthday card is undoubtedly one of the G.O.A.T. cards in my collection! This card made me so insanely happy - the bright colors & the super sweet, jazzy illustration is the epitome of what I love in a card!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I also went bonkers for the awesome, adorable kitty postcard to gift on -I just looove your taste in cards!!! Thank you also for the sweet stickers & cuuute memo sheets!! How you decorated the envelope with the pretty pastel washi tape & your perfect, pretty handwriting made me so happy too - you made my birthday insanely special, kind friend! Thank you for the super elegant “Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May” postcard - what a stunning illustration!!! I also like how the artist incorporated a mirror behind the subject - it adds such depth to the card. I loved hearing about how you laugh daily & your funny mom - of course she is so very proud of you!!! I also love the pretty pastel nature scene (I’m obsessed with this series) & desk scene postcards you included. I wish you endless laughter - here are some jokes for you. What has more lives than a cat? A frog, because it croaks every day. Why was the fish’s grades bad? They were below sea level. What’s Forrest Gump’s password? 1forrest1 (hahaha I LOVE this one!!) u/maiiiu
Thank you so much for the jazzy homemade card - as always, your positivity & beautiful nature come blasting through this sweetie!! The beachy vibes are so soothing. =) Thanks also for the adorable stickers you sent - I really love the creative tip of pasting them into the card with washi tape! That’s a great way to ensure they’re not flying around everywhere! u/lifesucks_F
Thank you for the sweet homemade constellation card - I really love the color combo of purple & pink! And the joke is hilarious too!!! Here’s one for you. Why was Cinderella so bad at playing soccer? She kept running away from the ball. ;) u/snerdboff
x 2 Thanks for the adorable handmade ice cream “You are quite the beauty” card! What a pretty chandelier on that scrapbooking paper. :) This fun card is a great example for me to use the next time I use scrapbooking paper as a card base. So elegant & I love the way you made it a flip from the top card. =) Thanks also for the handmade food truck themed card - it’s so fun!! Mmmmm, hot dogs & soda are always fun no matter the season. You did a great job using up all your leftover scrapbooking bits. :) Wishing you a sweet spring! u/morenoodles
Thank you for the Burbank postcard with the delicious carb conversation LOL! You have amazing taste in carbs, fine friend. If you’re into buttery flaky crusts, I highly suggest the Portuguese flaky-crusted treat “Pastel De Nata” - ever tried them? TO DIE FOR!!!! I became hooked on them in Portugal & although the ones at Trader Joe’s (marketed as “Portuguese Custard Tarts”) don’t compare, they are definitely delicious & I recommend them! Wishing you the creamiest of carbs!! u/draftyelectrolyte
Thanks for the neat-o Maine postcard with the lovely illustrations which REALLY makes me wanna come check out Maine asap! I also love the Jamie Wyeth quote you included. I’ve always been intrigued by Maine from everything I’ve heard & especially when authors write about it. So I appreciate the inspiration & your kindness! Wishing you beautiful balmy breezes this spring! u/56Thorns
x 2 Thank you for the “awwwww” inducing illustrated kitty cards!!! Sooooooo mindblowingly cuuuuute! The kitty wedding card is just…so cute it hurts!!! I love the whimsical style & fun colors for the card. The surprise bonus postcard of the kitty lounging in the potted plant is hilarious & super sweet! I love your taste in art. =) Thanks also for the big beautiful kitty sticker & the kitty-themed party napkin - so festive!!! Wishing you lots of joy & peace this spring, kind soul! u/fancykiddens
x 2 My fancy fine fabulous friend!!!! Thank you for the ***literally sweet*** Candy Heaven postcard - love the stickers you used to decorate!!! And I love your sweet handwriting! How sweet you are is apparent from this card! Thank you for the cuuuute doggie card with all the cute stickers!!! I LOVE your handwriting!!! Most of all, I love your constant positivity - I actually feel those rays of sunshine you’re bouncing to me all the way from your sunny state!!! Sending lots of love (and a promise to catch up asap). u/on1omaniac
Thank you for the adorable “Star meets little prince” postcard with your gorgeous handwriting! Your penmanship is soooo nice & even - how do you do it?!??!? It’s art!!! I also love the “Bear Mail” stamp you used. Adorable. And what a huge heart you have, sacrificing your alien love for all your loved ones! Wishing you a spring full of limitless (human haha) love!! u/RitaAlbertson
Thank you for the adorable handmade zebra-themed birthday card & your kind wishes!! Soooo cute! I appreciate you thinking of me on my big day. :) Wishing you a fabulous spring! u/championvilla
Thank you so much for the cool Carlsbad Caverns National Park postcard in honor of my birthday! Love the Alice in Wonderland rabbit sticker you used for the birthday proclamation - so clever & cute! I really appreciate you thinking of me on my birthday - thanks again!!! =) Wishing you a super spring! u/RideThatBridge
Thank you for the adorable vintage Easter postcard! And OMG this joke is AWESOME!!! “What do you call a Zen egg? An OMMMMMMM LET.” Hahahaha!!! Thank you for the sweet card & the awesome laugh!!! I also love the bunny-themed washi in fun colors & the bunny sticker you used. Hope you’re having a syrupy sweet spring, sweet friend (so many more thank-yous due, sweetcakes - posted about my drama in meta). u/melhen16
Thank you for the pretty pastel Earth Day postcard with your kind wishes & the fun stickers!
submitted by queenofthescreen
to RandomActsofCards [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 00:58 queenofthescreen [Thank You] I’ve bean thinking of y'all a latte. Words can't espresso how much y'all bean to me. A sad cup of coffee? Depresso. How did Henry VIII like his coffee? Decap. Why was the barista fired?Kept showing up in a tea-shirt. How did the hipster burn his tongue? Drank the coffee b4 it was cool.
(please click to see all the pics including the world's cutest poop) u/Moose-Maleficent
x 2 Thank you so much for the super creative handmade Pi Day card! I adore your heart & am honestly not surprised you wouldn’t exact revenge against Bridezilla hahaha! Yessss I thought of “The Help” too lol!!! I’m also bananas for the insanely awesome Hot Cross Buns card - it’s sooooo my smile & makes me so happy when I look at it!!!! It’s heartbreakingly cute. I’m so happy to have met you & to remember you forevermore as my first recipient (or hopefully soon) of international mail - that’s the most excitement I’ve had in years hahaha!!!! u/thecaledonianrose
x 2 OMG this cuuuute kitty birthday card is so sweet!!! I was especially touched by your beautiful words wishing me so many amazing things! What a kind soul you are - THANK YOU so much!!! I also love the fun stickers, the neat-o washi stamp style stickers, the mini thank-you, & the delicious passion flower tea!!! Thank you so much for the super precious Easter card of the bunny & the birds!! This bunny is just a sweetheart with that dreamy expression & smile! I just love the colors & the positive vibes jumping out at me from the card & your sweet thoughts! Yesssss, I’m really happy we sorta have a spring in my state - sadly it doesn’t last long. But I’m so grateful it’s not a billion degrees yet! Thank you also for the ****cuuuuute**** bunny & Easter stickers, the Perfect Peach tea (I’m so jazzed to try it - how perfect is that flavor for Spring?!?!?) & the pretty Flowers Bingo card with the too cute floral bingo mini placemarkers!!! Wishing you the sweetest Spring full of fanciful flowers! u/fightshrubb
Thank you so much for the adorable handmade aliens-themed Pi Day card - soooo cute!!! I love your energy!! Also love that you used different fun & bright colors of ink to write! I so hear you with the endless array of craft supplies lol!! To answer your question…I love watercolor!!! I have zero skills & was trying to learn when I happily stumbled upon RAoC so watercolor took a backseat to carding. ;) Hope you had an awesome Pi Day full of pizza discounts haha! ;) u/emptyparkinglot
Thanks for the Gauguin postcard with your hilarious observation, “Paul Gauguin was honestly a creep in his personal life but he sure did know how to use color.” Hahaha, right?!? I loved your thoughts on art & appreciate them especially because I have a deep desire to learn more about art & how to articulate artistic concepts. You did that so beautifully with your analysis of Gauguin’s work! Wishing you lots of bliss as you create your own works of art! =) u/o0oiwio0o
Thank you for the awesome sassy slanderous card of the Bernadine Bridge over the Vilnia!!! Your handwriting - oh my GORGEOUS!!! It’s so classy! And I have NEVER seen more fun & vibrant punctuation marks!!! I love your style! And the slander about the National Stadium is truly hilarious. I love how you turned the slander into a motivational gem hahaha!!!! I just loved your creative prompt & felt so fortunate to be a recipient of such fresh, fancy slander LOL! I also love the adorable elephant sticker you included. Thank you. =) Wishing you infinite saucy slanderous thoughts because they are so fun & phenomenal!!! =) u/travel4me22
x 2 Thank you for WHAAAAT?!?!? This incredible, gorgeous postcard you upcycled from a Van Gogh paper bag!!!! So creative - I absolutely loooove it!!!! I appreciate your resourcefulness & creativity so much! Thank you for the *beautiful* illustrated card of the strong, powerful women!! The colors are so fun. This card & your kind affirmations are just brimming with so many positive vibes!! I’m also excited you share my thoughts on Helen Keller. Thank you for spreading awesome cheer on International Women’s Day & beyond! u/onlycompletely
Thanks for the adorable “Espresso Yourself” postcard!! u/drivingogre
Thank you so much for the cute bear doodle postcard with all the fun facts about Disney actors & cats! You have such sweet vibes!! u/TigerLady13
x 4 Thanks for the adorable bunny & flower Easter card! LOVE the stamp embellishments you included & the cute way you decorated the inside of the card with the cut out words. Thanks also for the hug in the mail “nothing new” card with the awesome passion clouds worksheet & delicious recipe - I’ll definitely try it. :) Thank you for the hilarious 100% organic gangster card! Loved hearing your BFF was about to visit. Hope y’all had a fabulous time together and that y’all will meet up again soon! You asked about my BFF. Thank you - we met at the University of Texas when she was a transfer student & I was a freshman. She boldly came right up to me as I was having lunch alone to ask if she could join me. It was so cool of her to be so brave! She lives hundreds of miles away & the pandemic has made it a pain to get together but we keep in touch. Wishing you a beautiful spring, beautiful friend! u/YuletideWitch
Thank you for the adorable vintage Disney World postcard! I’m so sad you shot yourself in the head…I shouldn’t have given that to you as an option for the Macarena prompt. But I shall remember your bravery in the face of dance adversity forevermore! Haha, thank you for indulging me with the silly prompt :) u/royalewithtees
Thanks for the awesome “Breaking Bad” postcard - I didn’t know that cool fact about the 62nd element…so awesome!!! Happy to have met someone who has awesome taste in shows like me hahahaha!!! And I LOVE the cool BB decorative stamp!!! Thank you!! u/mickey_is_bored
Thank you so much to you & your sweet friends for cheering on complete strangers!!! I wish that back in college, I had the type of friend you & your pals are for carding crafternoons! So precious. Thinking of you & your friend & sending lots of healing vibes. Thanks for spreading cheer :) u/hato_mailing
Thank you for the sweet wax seals on the lovely barnacle goose postcard - love the Denmark bird stamp embellishment! u/elliearbus
Thank you so much for this AWESOME handmade watercolor card - you are so insanely talented!!! I love it!!!!! I’m a sucker for not only watercolor art, but illustrations of craft supplies so this card is absolutely a terrific treasure for me. It’s just adorable & brimming with energy! Thanks again. Wishing you endless joy as you create your wondrous watercolor work!! u/gillbhai
x 2 I’m so happy & relieved I finally found you, my mystery sender! Thank you so much for both of the gorgeous floral cards in my favorite bright colors! The pinks, oranges, & blues are just so cheery & happy! I also love the book rec & the Sharif poetry you wonderfully shared with me. I’ll have to read & re-read it to truly understand all the layers as you & Sharif are so amazingly deep! I would highly recommend the historical fiction book “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles. It’s the best book I’ve read in many years. Wishing you joyous reads & a peaceful rest of 2023. Thank you so much for brightening my day with your lovely thoughts & beautiful cards!! u/RoxanneBarton
Thanks for the beautifully-illustrated pen & pencils “Snail Mail Club” postcard - I’m obsessed with illustrated cards & love it so much!!! I have to catch up with SG films too. LOVE your pretty handwriting! =) Wishing you fragrant bouquets of lilacs this spring, sweet friend. u/purpleteasoul
x 2 Thanks for the sweet purple floral thank you card - it was my pleasure to send you birthday mail! Thanks also “Welcome book lover…” postcard! Hahaha yes you’re right, I read your postcard from my little nook at the library! Wishing you the best of reads!! u/littlehoneybeebuzz
Thanks for the romantic Paris postcard! I love to read in dreary weather. Wishing you sunny skies this spring! =) u/brittybear94
x 2 How cute you are is so apparent from your extraordinarily cute mail!! Thanks so much for the fun RAoC b-day wishes!! I’m madly in LOVE with the cuuuutest little Peanuts “Nuts About You” card, the adorable Cookie Monster sticker, & the incredibly festive colorful RAoC personalized rainbow mail sticker…SO SO cuuute!! Even the envelope was decorated in one thing - CUTE. Thanks for gracing my mailbox with such pretty things!!! =) Wishing you the crunchiest & chewiest of chocolate chip cookies, my cute friend!!! u/Jane_Q
Thanks for the lovely illustrated postcard of the Field Tulips in Holland! Even lovelier - how much you wrote on the back of the postcard! OMG my southern sensibilities woulda been smacked too had I gone through the nonsense you described! WTH?!? As Jerry Maguire would say, “These fish have manners.” Seriously whack!! But I was so happy you shared, thank you! Wishing you zero car issues so you never have to deal with mannerless buffoons ever again hahaha! u/OkayFlan
Thanks for the sweet “I am Grateful” postcard - I sure am grateful to have met you here & hope you’re having tons of fun with all your cool new card tech supplies! u/falloutboy01
Thank you for the awesome handmade Easter card - the cutout with the hidden lime green layer is sooooo creative & pretty!!! I’m guessing you used Cricut - wow. The effect is amazing.The colors you used complement each other so well, especially for spring! Thanks also for the adorable stickers. Wishing you a splendid spring, kind friend!! u/sunfireninety9
- Thank you for the beautiful Asian art illustration postcard! I LOVE all the neat stamps you used on the card. Wow, that is so neat about the 1991 vintage rose stamp! I’m so sorry to learn the glue tasted icky - but you made so many people happy (including me) with your kind happy mail lol! Wishing you tastier stamps next time haha, maybe cupcake flavored ones? ;) u/feellikebeingajerk
x 4 Thanks for the sweet handmade St. Patrick’s Day wishes & the cool President’s Day postcard of Monticello! It’s cool to appreciate our history & I’m glad you’re able to see historical figures through multiple lenses. I’m crazy about the pretty spring-y washi tape you used. Wishing you lots of pretty weather & sunny smiles this spring! THANKS a million for the awesome raspberry pie card & the throwback Holly Hobbie beauty (apologies no pics of these 2 sweeties - they’re elsewhere at the time I’m submitting this) - both of these sweeeeet cards made my day!!!! u/Soleiletta
Thank you for the fabulous card from Wednesday Addams - you totally channeled her so awesomely! You should write for the show!! =) I loved the cute Tarot stickers you used to decorate the card. And that handwriting - it’s just glorious!!! It’s somehow both modern & vintage too?!?? Just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your fun prompt creativity with me. =) u/1398_days
Thank you for the pretty pastel thank you card!!! It was my absolute pleasure to think of you on your birthday & I’m so touched it cheered you up! Your kind thank you card lifted my spirits & made me feel super happy! It’s so bright & colorful - just my fave color palette! I sure hope you’ve been having cheerful days since your birthday & that you will remind me when it’s your big day next year for more birthday greetings!! =) u/somedrawer
Thanks for the adorable doggie Easter card! Such fun stamps & washi decorations on the card - the baked confectionaries washi is sooo delicious! Love the positive affirmation you wrote: “I am capable of creating positive change in the world.” So uplifting! Here’s one for you: “I am a creator. I create my reality.” u/its_top_secret
x 2 Thank you for the sweet Seigensha postcard! And I love your spirit - you wanting to dance no matter what is so inspiring! I also love your willingness to be brave & embellish when no one is watching hahaha! Thank you for the vintage-y shrine postcard with your beautiful handwriting! Love how you would have searched for legendary figures if you had the chance to time travel. =) Wishing you a happy future & past too if you dare to explore haha! u/aepeyc
Thank you for the sweet Saint Patrick’s Day greetings with the pretty feather! Wishing you lots of luck not just on the 17th of each year, but each day as well. :) u/missnettiemoore
Thank you so much for this GORGEOUS cartoon Saint Patrick’s Day card!!! The sweet smiling critters are so charming!!! I also love the fun fact you wrote: “The odds in finding a 4-leaf clover are about 1 in 10,000.” I had no idea - that’s so mindblowing!!! Thank you for brightening my day with your sweet card. Wishing you a breezy, beautiful spring & that you chance across those rare 4 leaf clovers for lots of luck! =) u/FollowingTheBeat
You had me at the exquisite envelope decorated with your precious handmade cherry blossom tree! So pretty. I’m terrible at drawing trees so I’m especially excited by your talent. But that was just the appetizer. I’m in love with this gorgeous pink-themed floral feast of a card!!! Thank you! This card instantly makes me happy with all the bright colors & the pretty sticker you used to decorate it. This card is soooo beautiful, & so are you for including such sweet spring wishes for so many lovely things, including “beauty”! What an awesome wish. Wishing you a spring full of the same love & beautiful birds that serenade you & make you smile! u/RayneKitten
Thank you so much for the beautiful postcard to color - it’ll be a joy! I also love the quote. I appreciate your kindness! Wishing you lots of masterpieces! u/PM_me_oak_trees
Thank you for the *hilarious* April Fool’s Day card - the teaching English quip is priceless hahaha!!! I also love the awesome motivational quotes & funny jokes you wrote. OMG “I was going to write a time-travel joke, but you did not like it” - rahahahahahahaha! I’m so stealing that one! I really appreciated your creativity in sending “junk mail” - what a neato thing to do! Hope you had a beautiful April Fool’s Day - thanks for making mine special! u/FancyBeadedPlacemat
Thank you so much for the potato postcard! I was laughing when I received it because I only tagged potato pals & didn’t request one since merely *looking* at potatoes makes me gain weight LOL! But I was so glad you sent it to me because I had no idea about the fun history fact!!! That’s so cool that Marie Antoinette would wear potato blossoms in her hair!!! So thank you for sharing that awesome historical gem with me!!! u/wabisabi_sf
Thank you so much for this perfect postcard TREAT of Julia Child along with the fun facts about her life! It’s just a postcard dream as far as postcards go. I’m nuts for fun illustrations so this is a real treasure. I also love the fun vintage stamps you used. Thanks so much for thinking of me with your wonderful offer & for making me giddy by picking me to receive this scrumptious postcard!! =) u/orangewolpertinger
x 2 Thank you for the absolutely precious homemade cards!!!! The cuuuute pink kawaii candy themed card just made me melt!!! I love the combo of black & pink colors along with the pink & red themed scrapbook paper! The fox Saint Patrick’s Day card is soooo adorable too! Love the fun stickers you used to decorate the card! I also love & appreciate the kind stamps you included. You’re also so cute to take that Squishmallow personality quiz hahaha! So you’re Hans the Hedgehog? Although I agree that Hans is cute, he doesn’t hold up a cute candle compared to you & your endless card love!!! Thank you so much for these sweet treats!!! Wishing you lots of love & joy! u/Bowies-solid-speech
x 2 I’m so happy I found you, my fabulous obituary mystery sender!!!! I even tried looking for you with a search for “obituary” on Reddit but didn’t find any relevant hits…Reddit is so goofy. I loved your creative, thoughtful obituary so much! You have such a fun brain - thank you for brightening my day with the fake obit hahaha! Your creativity is so very charming!!! I also admired how eager you were to write in depth! I also LOVE the adorable postcard of the critter looking at himself in the mirror. Thank you! The pastel colors & illustration are awesome! I was drawn to it because of one of my favorite Kabir quotes: “But if a mirror ever makes you sad, you should know that it does not know you.” Wishing you lots of joy as you check your beautiful self out in the mirror!! u/Slavkan12
THANK you so much for this gorgeous handmade “Dream Space” postcard that’s so bright & bouncy with the gorgeous array of blooming plants!!! It’s so pretty & makes me ache to have my own “Dream Space”!!! I love how you upcycled the calendar to create it. So cool & creative. But the front of the card isn’t where the magic ends - WOW!! I was **blown away** by your amazing illustration inside the card with the stunning self-portrait & the pretty pink & green plant!!! Your art skills are sublime! I love all the colors you used (such pretty pink hair & I love the color of your shirt). I wish so much I could draw like you but am grateful that even though I can’t, I’m a lucky recipient of this super cool gift!!!! I also love all the festive stickers you included & how you decorated the envelope with the unique bird/owl stickers. =) Thank you so much for this magnificent, magical mail! Wishing you lots of success in your art & beyond, kind friend! u/jules_abroad
How did you do it? Never before your gorgeous card would I have ever thought I would have called a card with toilet paper & poop on it “gorgeous”. But that’s what you did with your INSANE TALENT & ADORABLE poop & tp handmade wacky wonderful card!!! I’m honestly in awe even though poop & tp usually make me wanna throw up! I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH hahaha! Thank you for brightening my day with poop of all things! I’m including a highlighted picture of it with the link above. ;) I wish I could draw & watercolor like you do…this is so going in a frame in my future dream home bathroom!! =) Wishing you the softest, squishiest, most cloud-like tp ever, sweet friend!
submitted by queenofthescreen
to RandomActsofCards [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:15 UseYourRuler [Thank You] So many wonderful cards!
- Thank you for the vintage postcard, I've never seen this movie. u/PinkPengin
- For the wonderful Tucson Az RAOC meetup card. u/todayisfab
- For the meetup card. u/KeenEvergreen
- For the meetup card u/SEBISRUDE
- For the meetup card u/libertyprogrammer
- For the beautiful plant card and the Disney stickers. I love them all. u/wabisabi_sf
- X2 - Thank you for the beautiful cat postcard and the mice postcard. I love them both and also for the cat ruler and the cat stickers.
submitted by UseYourRuler
to RandomActsofCards [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 19:40 iancolumna [US-FL] [H] Wireless Keyboards and Kits, Ikki68 Aurora R2, KBD67 Lite, Savage65, Keycaps, Extra PCBs [W] Paypal
Feel free to reach out for more info and pictures. (Shipping not included in Prices)
|Keyboard ||Description ||Price |
|Iqunix A80 Explorer (Tri-Mode) ||RGB, Akko CS Sponge Switches, Great Condition ||$90 |
|Iqunix OG80 Wormhole (Tri-Mode) ||RGB, Costar, TTC Gold Pink Switches, Great Condition ||$90 |
|Eclipse EC66 Translucent Black (Tri-Mode) ||Akko CS Blue Switches, Light Scratches on Bottom Case ||$40 |
|Dustsilver D84 - Red and White Classic (Tri-Mode) ||Gateron Black Switches, Great Condition ||$90 |
|Melgeek Mojo68 and MojoPad - Pigeon (Tri-Mode) ||JWICK T1 Durock Black Switches, Light Scratches on Bottom Case ||$150 |
|DIY Kit ||Description ||Price |
|GK96S - Aluminum Gray DIY Kit (Bluetooth) ||Great Condition ||$90 |
|GK84S Gasket Lite- Aluminum Purple DIY Kit (Bluetooth) ||Great Condition ||$90 |
|Gamakay LK67 - Translucent Black DIY Kit (Tri-Mode) ||Great Condition ||$40 |
|NJ80 - White DIY Kit (Tri-Mode) ||Has Gold Knob, White Top Case and Steel Plate, Extra Blue Knob, Clear Top Case and Brass Plate, Great Condition ||$90 |
|KBD67 Lite - Pink DIY Kit (Wired) ||Kit is built, Great Condition ||$90 |
|Ikki68 Aurora R2 - Clear DIY Kit (Wired) ||Bodo Flexcut PCB, PC Flex Clut Plate, Extra Dampener Foam Kit, Great Condition ||$120 |
|Savage65 - Rose Gold Custom Kit (Bluetooth) ||Custom Milmax BT65 PCB from UpgradeKeyboards, Custom PE Foam Sheet from Green Door Geeks, Kit is built, has one small scratch at the bottom case ||$220 |
|Keycap ||Description ||Price |
|Yongqiu GMK Jamon Doubleshot ABS Cherry Clones ||Unused ||$25 |
|Yongqiu GMK DMG Doubleshot ABS Cherry Clones ||Unused ||$25 |
|Akko Red and Blue Samurai Doubleshot PBT ASA Keycaps ||Mounted once for lightly used keyboard ||$60 |
|Idobao Blue Cat Dyesubbed PBT MA Keycaps ||Mounted once for lightly used keyboard ||$30 |
|PCB ||Description ||Price |
|Savage65 Soldered PCB ||New ||$30 |
|KBD75 Hotswap PCB ||New ||$40 |
submitted by iancolumna
to mechmarket [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 19:08 MattTheDemonCat Needing an older copy of Amnesia
Hey there. As the title says, I need an older copy of Amnesia the dark descent. I got a copy of the 1.0.1 demo using archive.org
, and I found it works fine on my vintage PC running Windows 2000. But I tried getting a standalone full release copy, and of course it is having issues because of some arbitrary error that would take forever to figure out when I know nothing about it. The launcher works fine. Anyway that is not the point, and I recommend not questioning that. But I was wondering if anyone had the files for an older full non-steam copy of Amnesia that I could try running: 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.2, 1.3, you get the point. I don't mind potential buggyness. Either way thank you for your time.
Alright, so I have found a full 1.0.0 intaller copy (I think) from YouTube, but I don't know if it is the official installer (doubt it as it has some weird file set up). I have yet to test it, but I will tell you how it goes as soon as possible. I don't know if I can share it with you. But even if it turns out I can't, a quick Google search will likely yield you those results.
But I would still appreciate you checking to see if you have any older copies, at least for archival purposes. But also, if this ends up not working, it would be something for me to fall back on. Thank you once again.
Edit 2: I still haven't tested the supposed 1.0.0 copy yet, because I already started installing a 1.41 (rather than 1.41b) copy, I doubt this one will work, but I was too stubborn to cancel it, and better safe than sorry.
So, 1.41 didn't work, but the copy of 1.0.0 did fully work seemingly, but of course I have made no progress in the game, but it appears to work for now. The installer wouldn't let me start it at first, but since I have BlackWingCat's kernel extension for Windows 2000, I am able to get it to run in Windows XP compatibilty mode. Even if that hadn't work, I am pretty sure I could have installed it onto a thumbdrive (which I have to do anyway because of the relatively small hard, 8GB, disc on this PC from 1999) from my newer desktop. It did ask for a serial number after the launcher closed, but I found that 11111111111111 works.
But even though this worked, I would still appreciate seeing if any of you had any copies of any versions of Amnesia TDD older than the most recent. Thank you.
submitted by MattTheDemonCat
to Amnesia [link] [comments]